Grooming a rescue bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lifewitharabbit

Reaction score
Hi guys,
About four weeks ago we rescued a nearly three year old female bun. She is bossy but also very timid. And seems to have a funny little personality. We have finally trained most of the aggresion out of her. We are not sure what she went through as a small bun but she is very afraid of hands anywhere near her. We have been patiently training her and she is just starting to slowly come towards us now. She has only just been desexed but has had litter training which leads me to believe she may have been over handled when she was younger. She was also seperated recently from her bonded sister. Poor bun bun.
I'm after tips on grooming her. She is in a heavy malt and desperatly needs a brush. I cant yet pick her up or go near her with a brush. We have put her brushes in her play area and have set up boxes with smaller holes so she gets a bit of defuring when she runs through them. Just worried because being a bun she is constantly grooming which means she is ingesting fur. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back