Grieving Bunnies and Mommy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
First, I'm sorry I haven't been here muchlately. I'm still grieving over Daisy. It's justbeen so much harder then I ever would have imagined. In fact,I'm crying as I write this. The buns are all missing her somuch too. They miss her presence and I know they sense mysadness. They are all out of sorts.

Dillon just isn't eating as much as I would like. Not enoughto worry me, but he's just not finishing his pellets off. Andhe isn't quite as happy when he has play time.

Elvis refuses to come out of his cage. I have to drag him outand then he runs right back in. If I close the door, he justsits there and waits until I open it again.

Corky, on the other hand, will not stay in her cage. Shejumps out as soon as the door is opened and then throws a huge FlemishGiant fit about going back in, and I have the scratches to prove it.

Saphy isn't spraying. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's a huge change in his personality.

Lily, who has hated all the girls from day 1, has become abiter. She nailed me a good one yesterday. Shenever bit before and before I got her, she was toted around by a child,so she's always been very patient.

Orion doesn't quite know what to do. He goes to Daisy's oldcage and looks in but all he sees is Cedric. That doesn'tquite do it for him, so he hops sadly away.

Basil and Abby, I don't even know where to start. When I gotBasil, she wanted so badly to be friends with Daisy, but Daisy wantedno part of it. Bringing Abby in was the glue they needed andthe 3 became so close. Now, Abby just hates Basil.Yesterday Abby tried to hump her and then when Basil went into Abby'scage, Abby flew at her and attacked her. Basil is physicallyfine, but both their and my hearts are broken.

Sage is the worst. He was totally in love with her.He sits outside her cage and watches Cedric, like, "you don't belongthere. Where is my girl?" He will look at me andthen at the cage. I always break down watching him.He's not eating his hay at all and only about 1/2 his pellets, but allhis salad, pumpkin and treats.

Sampson, Delilah and Anissa aren't so effected. They aren'tin the same room, so they don't miss her presence, but they knowsomething is wrong with Mommy.

What can I do for my babies? I've tried to make play time asmuch fun as I can. I got them new toys and they are gettingtons of love and extra treats. Everyone has had a lot ofpumpkin and Nutrical. But they are just so sad.

:sad: :bunnyangel:

Jen

Oh..how sad...:(I honestly have noadvice to offer...but I sincerly hope things get better.....This maysound really dumb...but would moving cages around, like mayberearranging the room a bit help? Maybe mix things up a bit to get theirminds off it, give em new neighbors? I honestly don'tknow...but it was just a thought..

Hang in there, I hope it gets better very soon!!! You and your bunnies do not deserve such sadness in your loves.

Oh Jen, I am in tears as seeing this. I am sosorry that this has to happen to you. I agree with her maybe take a dayand move cages around abit and clean them good. They may still be sadbut maybe more curious since the cages are changed and cleaned. I knowthat you have quite a few chinners in there and you probably could haveanother chinning contest once you do this.

Jen I figured that you weren't on much because of Daisy. My heart goesout to you and the babies. Give them all extra treats, hugs, andkissies for me. I wish I lived closer to come over and help you out abit withthem.

Angel

Sweety I dont know what tosay to help you through this, its always so heartbreakingto have to lose a companion , now withthe Rabbits all affected tooits doubly heartbreaking . (((((((((((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))))))))))) , i know its notlike nor as good as a real hug ,I hope it will suffice temporarily .Try changing the room around a bit and see if ithelps . I wish I had moreencouraging word for you Hon .

Im so sorry Jen .. I wish I had the answer tomake you feel better. great suggestions about moving the cages aroundand getting the buns new neighbors, but what about a change in pace foryou? even though it may cost a couple bucks you dont have right now ..treat your self to a spa day or even just an hour long massage. getsome of that physical greif out of you. Also you can try and add somevariety to your normal daily routine .. not to make you forget but todistract you and make you feel okay. like is there another way you candrive to work? try a experimenting with new food dishes stuff likethat. or even if you can dostupid cheap stuff like go out andplay minature golf.I know its not a solution but it couldhelp a bit. ::hugs:: feel better Jen!! :heart:

Thanks everyone. Sometimes I feel likeI'm being ridiculous with how hard this has been for me.Basically, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. Then totop it off, a friend's father passed, so I hada funeral to goto. I'm basically just unhappy with a lot of things rightnow. But I also know that things could be so, so, so muchworse.

Jen

Dear Jen, please don't be sorry for not being here as much as usual,you are going through a real hard time at the moment, we all understandthat it's hard, but only you will know just how hard and tough it is,and any time you feel like you want to scream, cry then you do it,wether it be here or out in your back yard or where ever then you do it!

As for your furkids I'd say time and lots of attention, things will beso confusing for them, don't rush them, take extra time with them and Ithink moving their room around is a good idea, it will "perk" them abit to get motivated to get out and about and explore and see thatthings do change, we have to learn to re adjust the way we live.

Jen, your Daisy will never be far from you, all you have to do is close your eyes and think of her and she will be there.

Please take care and I wish you lots of hugs

Hi Jen,

I wouldn't move their cages. Moving the cages adds morechange and at a time when they're already trying to adjust to one, I'dhesitate to introduce another at this time. It could justupset the applecart. Just my opinion. Take what youlike and leave the rest.

Please don't take up the attitude that 'sometimes I feel like I'm beingridiculous.' You are grieving a little one that loved youunconditionally, gave you joy and laughter. The shock of herpassing is not something that you can just 'get over'. Youare extremely attached to your charges and a little patience andunderstanding with yourself is much needed right now.

Everyone grieves differently - at different paces, ways, andextremes. There's no right or wrong way; there's just ourindividual way of handling such a great loss. I'm certainthat your rabbits are picking up on your extreme grief and can'tunderstand what's going on and why Daisy's missing and Mom is sounhappy. Whenever I'm stressed or upset, Tucker takes itright to heart and he goes through the motions with me. Who'sto say that your little ones aren't doing that with you.

The best thing you can do is to just allow yourself to go through thispain. Cry. Your tears are tears ofhealing. If you try to brush the pain away, you're doingyourself and Daisy and your charges a big disservice.Unfortunately, the only way out of grief is to go through that darktunnel and allow yourself to feel your feelings. If youdon't, it'll just be up ahead waiting for you.

Don't discard your pain by saying others have it so muchworse. True, others do have challenges and hard times, butthat doesn't mean that your pain isn't important or valid. Bepatient, kind, gentle, and as loving as you can to yourself rightnow. Treat yourself and talk to yourself the way you wouldyour best friend. My heart goes out toyou. I'm here if you need to talk - via phone, email,etc. Having lost Buck Jones, I can relate to the difficultyyou're having. You have to let yourself grieve with no timelimits.

:pray:

-Carolyn

I'm so sorry, Jen! Don't think you arebeing ridiculous at all! I still cry every now and then overthe little ones I've lost. It hurts to miss someone who wasso special to you.

Our thoughts are with you.

Donna, Scott, Poco, Hef, Skittles & JawsII

I still think of my little Stephie every day.Her photo is still the background on my cell phone. I just try to honorher memory by being the best dad I can to Dante' and the piggies.:hug:

im so sorry about your loss i know how it feelsmy bunny passed a way and she was my first pet.sometimes my friendsthink im mad cause all i talk about are rabbits i love them so muchthey are my babies.

Latest posts

Back