Greetings! Some help?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnyMommy

Reaction score
Hello!
My rabbit's name is Donny and I am his mommy. (Haha). I have had this young buck for almost two weeks now and he is doing EXTREMELY well. He is 10 weeks old today and is a sandy colored Flemish Giant. He is a pet quality bunny that I got from a breeder. (Just wanted a pet bun for the house. No shows and no breeding). This little boy is very smart, curious, and out going.
Within the first day he already started watching my tv flicker as I watch it. By day two I could open the door and he would come right up to me for sniffs, nibbles, and licks. (His breeder never really spent time handling him and his litter mates.) Day three he had intrest in coming out of his cage but he has only known wired flooring his entire life so the carpeted floor was very new for him. Day four he tried out the carpet and bunny 500'd and binkied all across my bedroom floor. Everytime I put a new chew toy in his cage he tests it out, bunny 500's, then chews it some more. Now he zooms across the floor as I lay down. He ooms up to me, sniffs me, zooms away looking at me. Then comes back, sniffs, and goes away to chew on something. Ocassionally he'll come back to lick my hand, knee, face (i don't like that because I know human hair is horrible for rabbits to chew and he loves to try to eat my hair).

The problem is now he runs me over when he zooms around my room. Like he legit runs over my tummy or butt (depending on how i an laying) during his bunny 500's. Could I be in the way of his running path or is it getting close to getting him nutered?

Good to know! Already planned on getting him fixed. Got money saved and a vet picked out before I knew I was going to bring specificaly Donny home. Just need to wait for when the time comes. (I am not gonna breed him so why put him through hormonal suffering?)

As soon as his testicles descend he can be neutered. And their likely all ready down and he may just hide them on you. However it then comes down to how confident the vet you picked is.
Neutering early does not stunt growth. Some vets just dont feel comfortable doing younger animals but thats it. If your vet is competent and confident then he could be done anytime.

Good to know. I just checked my bun and there is nothing I can see yet. He isn't marking either. He's not litter trained yet though. He will only poop and pee strictly in his cage. He'll be out for play time and have to pee, so he goes to his cage and does his stuff. If that turns out to be the extent of his litter training then so be it. Its not on the floor and he doesn't sit in it.

But still he doesn't do his stuff strictly to his litter box.

Latest posts

Back