Greetings From the Magnolia State

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leader of the Pack

Reaction score
My name is Terri and I am a semi-retired secretary/vet assistant; who is now gainfully employed full-timeas "fur-mom" to the newest member of our family, Miss Sidney Bunny (among others).

MornAftr.jpg

My husband and I have a house full of rescued and abandoned cats, and dogs, some of which found their way home from the vet with me when I worked there. The greatest of our rabbit experience has been with Dwarf Rabbits. We have loved several of them through the years, and sadly they have all crossed over the Rainbow Bridge having lived long, and plush lives as house rabbits.

Miss Sidney is our first after a two year hiatus; and I had not forgotten what I was missing by being owned by a sweet, loveable bun. She came into our home an innocent victim of a "Special Easter Sale" at a local retail store in our home town where I purchased our cats food. When I peered down into the metal cattle trough that she was living in, she stood tip-toe on her little back legs and peered up at me. She was the only femaleleft. When our eyes met my heart melted and I knew I couldn't leave her at the store. The store employees wanted me to believe she was a "Lop". Had I purchased her for that reason alone I would have been woefully disappointed. My little girl seems to not know, or care that her ears stand up high and proud. We're not sure of her breed, but that doesn't really matter.

Sidney had several "brothers and sisters" of the cat and dog variety that she had to get used to when she came to live here. Most of our cats, as well as the dogs were all ready used to having a bunny rabbit running around here. Sidney seems to have happily settled in amidst the confusion and has quickly come to consider herself one of the "cats"; being most enamored by a young tuxedo cat of ours named P.J.

100_0703a.jpg

P.J. grooms her, and shares her cabbage. Sidney has also taken to telling bedtime stories to the others. She's quite the mature girl for one still so young in years.;)

100_0613a.jpg

I look forward to meeting others on this rabbit forum, as well as their precious cotton tails and I hope you will find our lives and family interesting and enjoyable as well.

:wave:

:welcome1:hello

Hi! welcome to RO! Sidney is adorable, i can't wait to see more pictures of her! i have a black and white bunny too, they're so lovable, aren't they? this forum is very cool, you're going to love it here!

Anna

Hi and welcome! Sydney is beautiful and I love your pics of her with the other animals all sprawled out! They all look so happy! Can't wait to hear more about your crew.

LadyBug wrote:
:welcome1:hello

Hi! welcome to RO! Sidney is adorable, i can't wait to see more pictures of her! i have a black and white bunny too, they're so lovable, aren't they? this forum is very cool, you're going to love it here!

Anna

:bunny22:Very nice to meet you Anna. Sidney thanks you for the compliment. :nod

Is that your bun in your avatar? Sidney has just started really "getting out" in the evening and has learned that she can finally jump up on the furniture and set in the window. I'm sure there are a lot more photo ops in her future.

Can't wait to read and hear about your family; thank you forthe warm welcome.

Terri

tonyshuman wrote:
Hi and welcome! Sydney is beautiful and I love your pics of her with the other animals all sprawled out! They all look so happy! Can't wait to hear more about your crew.

Thank you for the the welcome as well! :p Your from Wisconsin, right across the big lake from my birth place in Michigan. I always get excited when I meet fur friendsfrom up north. We've lived in Mississippi since I was 9, but Michigan will always be "home".

Look forward to getting to know you and your bunnies. Love the picture in your avatar...adorable. :inlove:

AWWWWWW
What a cute bunneh!
Hey welcome to the forum :) I'm Becca, I'm sure we all hope to see lots more pictures of your bunneh and other animals you share your life with!
Woop Woop - I luv having new members to the RO family! :biggrin2:

BabyBunnies wrote:
AWWWWWW
What a cute bunneh!
Hey welcome to the forum :) I'm Becca, I'm sure we all hope to see lots more pictures of your bunneh and other animals you share your life with!
Woop Woop - I luv having new members to the RO family! :biggrin2:

Babybunnies,

I'm equally excited to have seemingly joined such a friendly bunny forum. :p Living in London, how exciting;I've always wanted to visit there.

Please give Dame Edna my best...
a8.gif
a6.gif
She's one of my favorites.

I'm assuming that everyones babies are in their avatar; and yours are just precious.
HeartLove.gif
Hopefully I will catch up here quickly and get to know everyones precious buns better.

LotP: I also was raised in MI, near Ann Arbor. I've come to WI for some graduate school, but MI will always be home for me too!

Hello & Welcome! Glad to have you here - your pictures are GREAT and that is by far one of the cutest bunnies I've ever seen :)Myhubby was born in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan :biggrin2:

trailsend wrote:
Hello & Welcome! Glad to have you here - your pictures are GREAT and that is by far one of the cutest bunnies I've ever seen :)Myhubby was born in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan :biggrin2:

badger.gif
So nice to meet you trailsend...

I have a cousin that lives in Ontario. I feel like I've come home. You are all so kind.
wub.gif

I know I'm still a little new, but may I ask if I can "nab" Rae-Rae...beautiful bunny rabbit.
s8.gif

:pinkbouce:Welcome to the forum, from a slave to 15 house rabbits,this is a greatsite with lots of friendly people. Everyone also likes tonsof pictures too! I look forward to seeing more.:)

Miss Sidney is very adorable. She looks like she might have some Hotot in her judging from the permanent eyeliner and maybe a little Holland lop the way her ears are laying in one photo. I have whitedwarf rabbitwith similar markings including the ears, Moo Moo, also has some black spots down her back.

Miss Sidney Bunny looks like she's in charge though!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
:pinkbouce:Welcome to the forum, from a slave to 15 house rabbits,this is a greatsite with lots of friendly people. Everyone also likes tonsof pictures too! I look forward to seeing more.:)

Miss Sidney is very adorable. She looks like she might have some Hotot in her judging from the permanent eyeliner and maybe a little Holland lop the way her ears are laying in one photo. I have whitedwarf rabbitwith similar markings including the ears, Moo Moo, also has some black spots down her back.

Miss Sidney Bunny looks like she's in charge though!

s8.gif
Thank you Wabbitdad for giving me an insight into Sidney's breed. Do you really think she may have "Lop" in her? I really suspected from the minute I was told she was a Lop thatthe storehad been fooled by the breeder she came from.

This isn't a very good picture of him, back before digital cameras...But this was our precious Dwarf "Bow" (RIP). He was totally white with the exception of the permanent eyeliner. One of the sweetest, and most even temperedDwarfs thatever owned us.

BowXmas2003.jpg

I look forward to getting to know your bunny family and very much appreciate your information.
s8.gif

Your welcome. Miss Sidney looks like she might have some lop from the picture of her with her ears parallel to the floor.

By the way, Bow was a handsome guy.

Hi and Welcome! I must say Sidney looks like a stuffed animal! So very sweet and cute looking and how wonderful for you to have all those rescues! Can't wait to hear more about your pack of fur-babies!

Hi Terri! Welcome to the forum :).

You're house sounds quite busy! One big happyfamily!Miss Sidney is such a sweetheart, what a gorgeous girl.

I hope you enjoy the forum, and would absolutely love to see more pics of your fur family!

Juliew and Spring....thank you for the warm welcome.
A5.gif
May I ask a question though?
chinscratch.gif
Which is the proper place for posting stories and pictures of pets unrelated to our bunnies. I'd love to share photos of our entire furry family but even after wandering around here a bit today I'm not sure exactly where I should post such a thing.

Your help would be greatly appreciated......Terri

Leader of the Pack wrote:
A5.gif
chinscratch.gif
Which is the proper place for posting stories and pictures of pets unrelated to our bunnies. I'd love to share photos of our entire furry family but even after wandering around here a bit today I'm not sure exactly where I should post such a thing.

You could do that in the "Let Your Hare Down" section.

Dave

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Leader of the Pack wrote:
A5.gif
chinscratch.gif

You could do that in the "Let Your Hare Down" section.

Dave
:D;)Thanks Dave!!! You've been a great help here! You need to be on my "mana" list. :p

Latest posts

Back