Greens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feed Romaine lettuce, and usually a bite or two of watermelon or other fruit (whatever we have at the house). I usually buy cilantro or parsley, but always forget to take it to the barn and it ends up getting thrown away. I'm moving our small dorm refrigerator down to the barn, to keep the veggies in...then the crew can get more of a variety.

I wish my fridge was bigger! The sales on greens today was crazy! So many buy 1 get 1's! Spinach, spring mix, romaine...all buy 1 get 1!

Hi mine doesnt eat any greens at all.
She's a female nd about 8mths old not spayed.
As of now her health is ok. Should i stop her pellets and throw in vege instead.

domho7 wrote:
As of now her health is ok. Should i stop her pellets and throw in vege instead.
Nope, never stop pellets. You want to add veggies to her diet. Some romain in the morning, afternoon, a little snack in the evening will make your bunny a lot more happy and healthy :)

rabbitfarmer wrote:
We have a garden so they get a mixture of spinach, romaine, red leaf, green leaf, and buttercrunch
I wish I had a garden.. or better yet, I wish I knew how to keep a garden alive lol

I keep hearing about how bunnies love cilantro - but I HATE it, don't even want to smell it. So, Rascal hasn't tried it yet. Oh well :p

Harriet just turned 6 months old so she hasn't started getting greens regularly yet.

I have given her parsley though and she goes mad over that. Next to bananas and banana chips, it's her favorite.

I had cilantro left over from the salsa verde I made this weekend and I've been wondering if it was safe for buns. After seeing this thread I gave her some and she approved.

Oh I loooove cilantro! Lol. Agnes doesn't like it. But I could smell it all day...yum...

domho7 wrote:

Definitely don't stop pellets but it is important to add veggies to her diet. Also, make sure she has unlimited access to hay. You can google lists of okay veggies for bunnies. And of course this thread gives alot of good examples too :)

agnesthelion wrote:
domho7 wrote:

Definitely don't stop pellets but it is important to add veggies to her diet. Also, make sure she has unlimited access to hay. You can google lists of okay veggies for bunnies. And of course this thread gives alot of good examples too :)

Agree with Lisa, I wouldn't stop the pellets. Just cut down on pellets and suppliment with veggies. Also always give unlimited hay.

With veggies though, introduce one at a time slowly. This makes sure bunny bellies accept them and really like them.

K

Back