greenish urine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kohler51

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just adopted my first rabbit, Romeo, at the beginning of September. I feed him timothy-based pellets, some fresh veggies (romaine, parsley, etc), and unlimited timothy hay. Last week I switched his pellet brand and he seems to LOVE the new pellets. I noticed though that now his urine seems to have a greenish-grey tinge to it (I use white Carefresh so it's pretty easy to see the colour). It's still yellow, but like I said, just a tinge of green/grey. Is that okay? Is it possible it's because of the different pellets? He seems completely normal otherwise, still eating, drinking, very active, etc.

Thanks!

I don't know if it could be dye from the rug but best to take that rug out because the fibers could cause an obstruction..
I'm not sure about the urine color but keep an eye on it ...

Usually the dye from the rug won't make it through to the urinary system--the colored compounds will get broken down before they reach the bladder. I would keep a close eye on the greenish urine. It is definitely not in the normal range and may require a vet visit. Is it possible that what you're seeing is bladder sludge, which is thicker and toothpaste-like, and may be a bit grayish/greenish/bluish in color? Is the consistency of the urine the same?

I'm pretty sure it's not sludge, the consistency doesn't seem any different. I'm keeping an eye on it, but today it seems "yellow-er" after a few days of the weird tinge. Still not sure what it is/was...

Latest posts

Back