Great show for us...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
Despite hellacious snow and wind, I ventured out with 4 Hollands and 4 Checkered Giants.

The Checkered Giants were not keen on running on the little table - I have to build a proper running table for them and need to practice. No other Checkered Giants showed so Roxanne was Best of Breed and Remy was best opposite and they did not take any bites of the judge although Roxanne tried to mount Calliope.:grumpy:

Axel was 1st Solid Senior Buck and ended up Best Opposite (my first win like this in a long time) in the Hollands. The doe that won BOB was just gorgeous - I was honored for my old boy to be Best Opposite with her!

We did not do as well in the Holland Specialty Show but Stinger (Axel and Juno's son) placed third and has to mature more - the judge and her apprentice said his soft fur gave his age away.

Segal was NAUGHTY - his table manners went out the window - he was thumping his foot and was trying to let EVERYONE know that he thought he was king of the warren and that every doe in the hall was his...:shock:and he is a 3 lb pee wee rabbit....

Can't wait for the next show.

Denise

Congrats on your wins!!!

We took the LONG drive up to this show! I think we are crazy! We came from NJ. Drove up on Sat & stayed at the Red Roof Inn...

We took 3 carriers... We did Youth Holland & did great with all 1st & 2nds... Our 2nds went back & forth with the 1st place animals for ever!

In the OPEN Spec Holland show we did take Best of Breed with our Solid Sr Buck! We were thrilled! We did really good in there too... We had a bunch of 2nds & I think it was a broken jr doe we had won too... But the BOB was awesome!

Our English lops took BOB & BOS youth

We took 1 lionhead she won BOB youth

So the trip up north with a LONG drive was well worth it for the good times my daughter & I had! Plus we got to see our NY friends up there =)

I even won $5 on a scratch off for being a writer =)

Well done!:great: I heard about the weather up there! You guys are brave!

You're in rabbits... same thing! (Although my husband calls it stupid!)

Rabbit shows are a wonderful experience. My daughter and I do Lebanon together every year and really have a great time, been through ice storms, blinding snow storms, SUB-FREEZING temps, broken transmissions and very strange travel companions... but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! LOL!

Yeah, insane about covers it... but with wins like you guys got... makes it all worth while!

It sure does pull everyone together! What else is there to do on an 8 hour car ride but talk, laugh & enjoy each others company??

Not to mention the fun we have at the shows!!! =)

My daughter is still flipping out that she took BOB in open with her Holland =)

BlueGiants wrote:
You're in rabbits... same thing! (Although my husband calls it stupid!)

Mine calls it crazy, stupid, wacky...(but then again Ithink ice fishing is wacky and crazy)but I would not trade the day - it was a good learning experience for me and fun bonding with my bunnies during the down time... I write better online than I am in person so if anyone sees a redhead with a naughty broken tort Holland or some Checkered Giants that won't run, say Hi - it is probably me and then I can chat up a storm!:biggrin2:

So, who is going to Fulton on March 27th?

Denise

LionheadLady wrote:
It sure does pull everyone together! What else is there to do on an 8 hour car ride but talk, laugh & enjoy each others company??

Congrats - did you have the beautiful doe that won the Open BOB? If so, what is her breeding and color? Axel was best opposite to a just absolutely drop dead gorgeous doe in the Open class... he did not do well in the Specialty - Bonnie called him "flabby." I can appreciate that as I am older and not in prime condition anymore myself. Tough to keep up with the youngsters!;)

If you were at the Specialty show table you probably saw my very naughty broken senior buck trying to launch himself everywhere, too. He is looking pretty smug with himself - I have two litters due by him.

My youngest son always liked the food at rabbit and horse shows...I do miss the bonding.:biggrin2:

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
LionheadLady wrote:

Congrats - did you have the beautiful doe that won the Open BOB? If so, what is her breeding and color? Axel was best opposite to a just absolutely drop dead gorgeous doe in the Open class... he did not do well in the Specialty - Bonnie called him "flabby." I can appreciate that as I am older and not in prime condition anymore myself. Tough to keep up with the youngsters!;)

If you were at the Specialty show table you probably saw my very naughty broken senior buck trying to launch himself everywhere, too. He is looking pretty smug with himself - I have two litters due by him.

My youngest son always liked the food at rabbit and horse shows...I do miss the bonding.:biggrin2:

Denise

Hi Denise...

No, we had the Solid Sr Buck who won in the Open Specialty. We showed youth in the 1st show.

He is actually one of Dan's hollands... it was one of his favorite bucks & he sold him to my daughter as her main herd buck. He is amazing. Dan's Aedan.

We have Dan's, THF Saynora, Sarah/Pitney and L&R lines in our hollands. She does pretty good with them. We took 1st place soild jr doe at convention this year with a home grown doe =)

We will be at Fulton. We had a great time last year. Nothing can top last year at Fulton... My daughter won BOB with a holland & BOB with her English Lop.... then won BRIS with the Elop! We love Venita, she runs a great show!!!! We even named a holland Venita =)

I think I might have seen you at the show. You would know me if you saw me... I usually always write for the judges... How did your buck do in the specialty show? I think our broken sr buck came in 2nd or 3rd. He just turned sr 2 days before... he was the only broken black. He is such a sweetypie!

Dan told me about that buck, he was glad to hear of his win. He was gorgeous!!!!:highfive:

I saw the broken black buck and loved him- I am partial to broken blacks as my first Holland Lop was a broken black named Winslow. I miss him lots.:rainbow: I have Juno but she is overweight for showing so I am waiting on a litter from her in a few weeks.

You can't miss me - I have red hair and glasses and am usually pretty quiet unless I know someone. I always was a better conversationalist in writing than in person.

Venita waswonderful to work with, especially since I had rabbits I had to scratch as they were sold and added Hawkeye and Segal and Roxanne to show- I agree, she runs a great show and I am looing forward to Fulton but saw the post on the PA show...if I can make it work, might have to dust the Checkered Giants off for another run... figured out how to make a running table in my laundry room.

Denise

Latest posts

Back