Great news: I am getting a bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horselvrkc

Reaction score
My parents have decided that i can have a bunny! I will either get it today or weddsay. I am very excited! I hope to be the ultimate bunny-mom! I will post pictures up of it and its name. YAY!

Ohh how exciting!

I will be looking out for those pictures when youpost them;)

I'm sure you will also make a great bunny mum,and you have this forum to help you out with anything you need help with :)

cheryl

Yay that is great!

Do you know what breed you'd like to get? A boy or girl? :) If you ever want to talk rabbits or horses give me a shout - I have 10 horses and 3 rabbits. :)

Well I think I am getting a rex, not a mini, just a rex. Wow you have10 horses? Thats like a dream to me!! Do you do english or western? I do english

horselvrkc wrote:
Well I think I am getting a rex, not a mini, just a rex. Wow you have10 horses? Thats like a dream to me!! Do you do english or western? I do english
My bunnies are Rexes!!! Yay!!! A new bunny!! :D

That is exciting! Remember, it's best to purchase the essentials first so the bunny has anice, safe cage or area to go to for the first few days in order to transition.

Where are you getting the bunny?

Definately post pictures when you get one! Good work doing research first.

Someone might have more experience with this, but if you are getting a Rex I don't think it's safe to keep one outdoors in the temperatures your area gets. I could be wrong, but I remember hearing it could be hazardous keeping a rex outside because of it's fur?

Spring wrote:
Someone might have more experience with this, but if you are getting a Rex I don't think it's safe to keep one outdoors in the temperatures your area gets. I could be wrong, but I remember hearing it could be hazardous keeping a rex outside because of it's fur?
That might be because rexes have less padding on their feet so are more likely to develope sore hock from the wire bottoms on most hutches? I could be horribly wrong though.

tundrakatiebean wrote:
Spring wrote:
That might be because rexes have less padding on their feet so are more likely to develope sore hock from the wire bottoms on most hutches? I could be horribly wrong though.

Personally I don't agree with wire bottomed hutches, so my rexy girls have solid bottomed hutches with vet bed and hay/straw so don't have that problem.So as long as your rex is kept on a solid floor it should be fine.:)

In relation to the temperature question, rexes are fine living outdoors in the UK because we have a fairly mild climatewhich they handle just as well as any other bunny, however I'm not sure what your climate is like and if you get very cold winters (I'd say below -10*C) then it's not suitable for a rex. Honestly buns living in those temps need to be pretty hardy.:)

That's great! I know how exciting it is when your parents finally say :yes:

Cant wait to see pics of your new bun. Dont forget if you have any questions, no matter how stupid you think they may be, ask them here everyones great and really helpfull.

:)

~Hannah,Bracken&Warren~

horselvrkc wrote:
Thats cool - I have a Mini Rex, and I really like her... Yup, I have ten... I do western... But am starting english as soon as my yearling is old enough to ride :) I am starting Barrels right now :)

Yes, about the temparture: I have decided that it will be inside in the summer and the winter, and probably outside in the spring and the fall. Hows that sound?

I just got all the supplies i needed... i am shaking with excitement!

Sounds ok to me, although I'm not sure how cold/hot those times of year are for you so I'll leave that to someone else.The only thing I would worry about is moving her out in spring, but as long as you wait until it has warmed up enough she should be fine.:)

Latest posts

Back