Great Hay Dispenser Set Up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
haydispenser.jpg

Found a great hay rack idea, thanks to fosterbunnies.com for this one!

Here's an excerpt from the text:

http://www.fosterbunnies.com/images/haydispenser.jpg

I used storage cube panels (the mesh type) and cable ties. You need to raise the floor of it up to reach the top of the litterbox and angle it so the hay slides down towards the front. With the floor raised you can put it right up to the litterbox and your bunnies will sit inside to eat. You want that because bunnies like to poop and eat at the same time. This puts them right where you want to them to be doing that. They will also like to climb inside.

I also tried to view the link and nothing comes up. It says "Internet Explorer cannot open the web page". I'm interested in seeing this hay dispenser set-up though...

For rabbits who only eat hay in moderation, this would be an easy alternative for feeding them. But for big hay eaters, this may not be the best idea.

Rabbits do need a variety of vitamins and nutrients in their diet, and I have several rabbits who I actually have to ration hay for to make sure they're eating a healthy amount of pellets. Otherwise, they would not be eating enough pellets and we could be facing issues of malnutrition and "hay belly".

Now, this may be different for someone who uses various types of hay with various amounts of necessary vitamins and nutrients but for those who only feed grass hay, just be cautioned if you have any big hay eaters! :)

Back