Greasy-type fur? Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reh

Reaction score
Hi all,

it’s heavy shedding season atm and I have noticed that my bunny looks kind of greasy around his back towards the neck/on the neck, and kind of feels very mildly crunchy, almost like it’s knotted, but it isn’t.

It also looks slightly bunched together (picture 2000s boys spiking their hair with gel, just less intense).. and it looks this way and feels this way after he grooms himself on the sides of his body too.

Note: my rabbit HATES being groomed. The areas that do look greasy.. are the areas where I feel like I can get some decent fur out of.

He lets me “massage” him with a rubber type brush, but as soon as I whip out the furbuster I am his mortal enemy and acts like I’m literally skinning him alive.

How concerned should I be? I googled it and some sites said it’s an indication that he’s sick..?

Greasy fur in general is a sign of sickness. Lack of grooming might be the reason, but not likely

Hi all,

it’s heavy shedding season atm and I have noticed that my bunny looks kind of greasy around his back towards the neck/on the neck, and kind of feels very mildly crunchy, almost like it’s knotted, but it isn’t.

It also looks slightly bunched together (picture 2000s boys spiking their hair with gel, just less intense).. and it looks this way and feels this way after he grooms himself on the sides of his body too.

Note: my rabbit HATES being groomed. The areas that do look greasy.. are the areas where I feel like I can get some decent fur out of.

He lets me “massage” him with a rubber type brush, but as soon as I whip out the furbuster I am his mortal enemy and acts like I’m literally skinning him alive.

How concerned should I be? I googled it and some sites said it’s an indication that he’s sick..?

I am having a similar issue my rabbit isn't greasy but around her neck has like bunched fur in a crunch if that makes sense does your look anything like this? My only guess is because I don't have another rabbit and my rabbit cant reach her neck but no sure yet!

Attachments

• daisy hair 2.jpg
    daisy hair 2.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 4
  • daisy hair.jpg
    daisy hair.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 3
I am having a similar issue my rabbit isn't greasy but around her neck has like bunched fur in a crunch if that makes sense does your look anything like this? My only guess is because I don't have another rabbit and my rabbit cant reach her neck but no sure yet!
These are compound hair follicles and are naturally occurring; not problematic: Hair - WabbitWiki

Back