Gravy does NOT have cancer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkies

Reaction score
The poor little guy. I noticed he had what seemed like scar tissue on his belly when I first got him. Well that scar tissue is growing rapidly. He now has 2 large masses on his belly. They grew so fast! He is also loosing weight like crazy. His bones are all prominent. I guess that is why he is so calm and sedate. It isnt because he is an seriously well behaved bun, but that he isnt feeling well at all.

I can't by any means afford to treat for something this serious right now. So I think I am going to either surrender him to the vet, or if they wont take him have him humanely euthanized. I can't make him suffer.

Oh no! Poor Gravy! I'm so sorry, that poor bunny... First living in a box at a pet store, and now cancer. :cry1:He's had such a sad life, he doesn't deserve it. Thank goodness you found him and took him in, though. I'm sorry he has cancer but am glad he finally got love. Is there anything at all we can do? Perhaps it's a tumor that could be safely removed? :hug:

Oh Geeze, what awful news. Do you have a vet you trust with bunnies who could look at him? I wonder if it could be something like abscesses and not cancer.

Poor little one. Im so sorry you guys are going through this.

Thats really a shame.

Is he drinking and eating OK?

If you could afford any test ..a vet could do a needle biopsy of the tissue. Thats how I discovered jacques had cancerous tumors which were also on his underside. He didn"t lose any weight, however.

Yeah, here's hoping there's an easy fix. :pray: Poor bunny!

And if there isn't, you still gave him a great taste of the good life to take with him when he crosses the bridge.

It's not a 'wish it never happened' scenario. You were truly awesome to take him in like that.

Best wishes for it working out in your favor. :clover:

Sorry you have to go through it. :sad:

sas :hug1

We do have a wonderful exotics vet that he will be going to.

To be honest when I first got him, I didn't want him. It was a pity "purchase" (even though he was free). But I pick him up and love on him and hold him forever at a time and he just snuggles into my arms. Those big blue eyes looking up at me. I do love him now and am very glad I took him in.

I'll be keeping you and Gravy in my thoughts. He seems like such a sweetie. I liked him from the first time you showed his pictures.

I am sorry about the news. I know you won't let him suffer. You took the best care of him already and you must take care of your family too.

We are going to the vet tomorrow. I guess I am just delaying the process because I am worried about the outcome. He is such a good boy. You should see him diving for the food bowl like an old pro. And his "output" is unbelievable! I have to clean the floor twice a day because he stil isn't litter trained. Currently he is chewing on one of those compressed log thingy made for small animals.

are you talking about one of those tiki huts/logs/things?

I refuse to use those again. We think one killed our rat.

we got her a log too - she played in it and chewed it a bit and she was the healthiest little thing...... 2 days later she died laying on the log. Not sure but we are nearly positive it was something about that log.

dunno. this is our second one. got one for the pigs and one for the rabbits. rabbits ate theirs, pigs didn't touch it. so i gave it to the rabbits.

Latest posts

Back