Grass plant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyatt101

Reaction score
So, at our local pet store I saw this grass plant thing, that I think was meant fr cats. Is it okay for bunnies?? I was just this little carton box thing that had tall green grass growing in it.

It should be fine. But you;d be better off getting a bag of wheat berries & planting some in a tray [with drainage holes & an undertray] in a sunny window. Spread the wheat thick & then cover with just enough soil that you can no longer see the berries. Water gently for awhile until the wheat creates enough roots they won't move. When the wheat grass gets to be about 4" you can cut off 3" & give to your rabbits. You can make repeat cuttings until it stops growing much, then replant seeds.

I love growing wheat grass! Especially if I plant it in a fancy looking container it can be very pretty! :D

what's the difference between hard white wheat berries, soft white wheat berries, soft spring wheat berries and hard red spring wheat berries?

Latest posts

Back