Grass OK?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the summer we always cut big handfuls oflawn grass and feed it to Miffy & Munchkin - they love it! I don't use anything on my lawn and cut off the roots and make sure it is dry grass, not wet.

mummybunny

My rabbits are always on our lawn munching away at the grass! They love it.

You probually know this already, but just incase somebody doesnt: NEVER give them lawn grass cut from your lawn mower. Now THAT is dangerous!

But lawn grass is perfectly fine. But im not sure if it is OK for them if it has been treated with chemicals? As we never put any chemicals on our grass.

It's okay to give them as long as you don't put chemicals on your lawn and it's not lawn mower clippings. Start slow, though, because giving too much too quickly could upset their stomachs.

Yeah it is!

Me and my sister use to look after two horses for this lady, and she kept her horses in a field down a close. And the house next to the field cut their lawn one day, and desided to chuck the grass cuttings over the fence for the horses. One of the horses got seriously ill and very nearly died. So horrible :(

They should have like a warning on the lawn mower packaging when they buy it about giving the cuttings to animals, as not many people are aware of this.

And thank you Prizm! I like your avatar too! :D

When Thor's outside in the summer, she's munching away on the grass by her outdoor penned in area, while observing the wild cottontails munching away on the backyard grass! Bunny see, bunny do!

Linz_1987 wrote:
You probually know this already, but just incase somebody doesnt: NEVER give them lawn grass cut from your lawn mower. Now THAT is dangerous!
wow..ive never heard that...my horse has eaten grass cut by our lawnmower for 20+ yrs and he's been just fine....guess its the type of lawn mower?

Latest posts

Back