granding a rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY!
A grand champion certificate absolutely Guarantees that your rabbit is of the highest quality for its breed. It is official recognition that literally ges into the recordbooks that You, and your rabbitry, have produced an animal that is a great representative of its breed, and has won so many awards that it deserves to be written into history as such.

It also makes it "easier" to sell your offspring from those rabbits because the adult has been recognized as being a grand champion (and from what I've been told - you can usually ask for more money too).

lelanatty wrote:
QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY!
A grand champion certificate absolutely Guarantees that your rabbit is of the highest quality for its breed. It is official recognition that literally ges into the recordbooks that You, and your rabbitry, have produced an animal that is a great representative of its breed, and has won so many awards that it deserves to be written into history as such.

I have to disagree. Just because your rabbit can beat others... it doesn't guarantee a thing! In some breeds and in some areas, I can agree, but look at it this way-

If a breeder say, has some really bad competition. The other rabbits in it's class aren't DQ worthy, but have some major faults. Sometimes, said breeder could put up an ugly rabbit and still beat the class, if the competition is just slightly uglier than said rabbit.

I've seen some pretty oogly GC rabbits xD

A pedigree full of grand champions generally indicates a competitive rabbit breeder, with quality rabbits, and a knack for good record keeping.

However, as Erin's Rabbits pointed out, not all grand champions are of the highest quality. Some breeders of rarer breeds show the animals in multiple family names to give the "impression" of competitive wins - but are actually only showing against themselves to guarantee legs.

Most breeders who show frequently know who these people are, and judge the animals on their actual quality, nottheircraftily constructed grand champion certificates.

Latest posts

Back