Gracie (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pla725

Reaction score
I came home from work and as usual I greeted the rabbits. I feed everyone and thought it was unusual that Graice didn't greet me like she usually does. I saw that she wasn't looking great and her was breathing labored.I called the vet and got her in right away. They did an exam andxrays. The vet said ishe has CHF. She had fluid build-up around both her heart and lungs. I couldn't even see the heart on the xray. They put her in an oxygen tent. Waiting to see how she does in the next 1 hour and 1/2. Prognosis isn't good.

It was actually a good day. I just had a feel something was going to happen. Not this though.

Just for a possible benefit....I have successfully treated one of my rabbits that developed CHF, and he is still here, with O2 and Lasix. It appears that Lasix works a little different in rabbits (imagine that) and we used it asa "Hail Mary". Might be worth a shot.

Randy

Thanks everyone. Thanks Randy. The vet did try Lasix and Oxygen. Unfortunately, Gracie just got worse in the 1 1/2 hour I left her at the vet. I made the decision to have her pts. It was for the best.

She was a great rabbit and will be missed. I suspect she may have had some underlying health issues due to being mistreated by her previous owner.

I'm so sorry. You and the vet had some heroic efforts in trying to save her. She now rests in peace. Binky free, Gracie.

I miss my Skunk puss. What bothers me is that I thought her breathing looked labored the other day. I let her out and she seemed to be okay. But now thinking back she didn't look as energetic as usual.I can what if myself until the proverbially cows come home.

Gracie you were a special bun. I will miss you batting my hand when I fed you. I miss your little noises you made when you ate. I will miss you period. Rest in peace my friend.

I am taking in another foster and am considering adopting a special needs bun from the shelter I volunteer at. The special needs bun will have to wait a bit until Sawyer and Maddie bond.

Latest posts

Back