Grace has red eyes :-(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayuri

Reaction score
I have noticed that Graces eyes are looking very red and sore, the skin rim around them not the eyes themselves.

She doesnt seem to be in any discomfort and she lets me put my finger near them to clean the crusty sleep away so I dont think they are painfull painfull but they do look sore.

I dont want to have to put her through yet another vet visit if this is normal or if it is something I can treat easily as she has been to the vets a lot lately and I would have to take her to a strange vet as her normal one is miles away.

I have tried to get a picture of it but as it was on my mobile phone the colour isnt brilliant and the quality isnt too good either

Image018.jpg

Image045.jpg

If anyone has any ideas I would be really greatful, thanks xoxox

I can't really see much in the picture. Is this one eye or both? How long have they been like this?

It might be allergies from dust or something, but I would take her to a vet because it might also be an eye infection.

Hope she feels better soon!

Warm compresses of chamomile tea work very well with my Benji's sensitive eyes.

~Jim

Yup, those compresses work well. When my chins have eye problems, I make a cup of chamomile tea, then wait for the teabag to cool and try to keep the bag on the eye for about 10 minutes.

You can also get some visine eye drops, so if something IS in her eyes, it will be flushed out.

The other thing you can get is Terramycin ointment. It's an antibacterial that you can get over the counter at most larger petstores.

Oops--just noticed that you're in the UK, so I'm not sure if you can get terramycin there or not.

Thanks for the advise, Im going to try that after the weekend. I went to get some camomile tea bags today and then totally forgot.

Her eyes arent looking and worse and they did seem to settle a bit yesterday so I dont think its too urgent.

Currently sheis being a model bunny bouncing around the living room and doing sprints and binkies so I dont think she is suffering

Latest posts

Back