Gotta post this here, lol...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys...I have a poem for ya...

Just got a couch and chair,
As ugly as can beeee,
But that don't matter too much,
'Cause both of them were FREE!!!

100_6495.jpg

I mentioned that I was having really bad back pain, due to having to sit on the floor to watch TV (or really, do anything downstairs, lol), and a friend of mine here in Edmonton told me about a site where lots of people offer things for very low prices, if not for free...it's called Kijiji. So, I thought, 'Well, can't hurt,' and checked it out.

And low and behold! I found about six ads for free couches, etc.!! So, I decided to go with the one that had "comfy" in the title. Danny picked them up today...and though the ad said she wanted $10 for the couch and chair set, she gave them to us for free! Not only that, but she also offered us a dresser that Danny's going to go pick up tomorrow! YAYYY!!!!

Though they be hideous...they ARE certainly comfy, which was the main thing I was going for! WOOT!! :D

Kijiji is great...

And as for hideous... Later on, You can always consider reupholstering (? - is that the word? lol)

But I swear... My great great grandmother had the exact same set. I got goosebumps from the pic.

LOL...if you lived in the neighborhood, I'd wonder if it WAS the same set! LOL!

What's fabulous is the fabric is scratchy as sin...but it's okay...we'll cover them with blankets and stuff, and it'll be fine. Danny and Em are obviously enjoying the bounty Mama got them! LOL!

Yeah, Kijiji is great, and so is the Salvation Army! We got a big ol' bookshelf, coffee table, two end tables, and a desk for Em there...all for $30!! We had to go through Kijiji for these two beauties because we're spending just about every dime coming in right now on the car payment and insurance, so it had to either be under $20 or free. Thankfully, these wound up FREE! :D

It's funny how similar the style of the pattern is to the first couch Danny ever had, the same couch that we promptly threw away once I moved in, lol! And here we are...starting over again with the same pattern! LOL!!

But, hey...they're somewhere to sit, and I won't have horrendous back pain anymore! WOOT!!!

Lol that IS funny :biggrin2:I remember the fabric! I swear I could feel it right now. Lol.Like you said, they can easily be covered and hey, who the heck cares WHAT they look like when you're feeling that sore! Lol.A fresh start is always good. I'm glad you're enjoying Canada :biggrin2:

Still got goosebumps here... hehe

They might have a local freecycle as well. Just google "edmonton freecycle". I check the Madison one daily and have gotten some good stuff and given some stuff away. People give away some nice stuff on there! Also craigslist free section, of course.

Those are quite the couches! In a few years they'll be museum pieces, as great examples of late mid-century living room furniture. ;)

I wish I could just go out and buy a slipcover right now...but we just can't afford it at this time...so sheets it is! :)

LOL at the goosebumps. And thank you! I'm really loving it here in Canada. :)

tonyshuman wrote:
They might have a local freecycle as well. Just google "edmonton freecycle". I check the Madison one daily and have gotten some good stuff and given some stuff away. People give away some nice stuff on there! Also craigslist free section, of course.

Those are quite the couches! In a few years they'll be museum pieces, as great examples of late mid-century living room furniture. ;)
LOL...too true about the museum pieces!!

Good thinking on the freecycle, too...I'll check that out! Thank you!! :D

Kijiji is great.

Check out Edmonton's freecycle(our is now called earthcycle). I"m a part of it and I've gotten and given lots of great free stuff. I've seen people furnish whole homes all for free.The catch is you have to give something away before asking for something.

http://www.edmontonearthcycle.org/

I've gotten a nice bar fridge, fish tanks and my mom has gotten tons of stuff for her grade 2 classroom. Great site!

Back