Got new Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TippiesMom

Reaction score
Hello all. I justwanted to post that I got a new bunny today. I believe it is a she, soshe is a mini-lop, I named her Mystic. She is beautiful, she's whitewith black markings, I'll just have to put a pic up when I get oneonline. I just wanted to know, this is my first mini-lop, does anyonehave any suggestions as the do's & dont's of this breed ofrabbit? thanks Tippie & Mystic'sMom

I love my little lops. They are such sweet andtrusting souls like most rabbit breeds. The only thing different I dois check their ears for mites alot. I am paranoid about ear mitesbecause I have 2 spaniels at home. My Flat Top is a littleblack and white and he is ten and going strong

I have a routine for my buns and yes they are goodfor it. I do littler boxes evry other day. One a week is big cleanupwashing all rabbit wash hosing down litterboxes that kind of stuff. Ihave mine divided into groups of two so one week I do the nails andcheck eyes and just feel them all over for changes lumps etc. Some arefine but I have a few that we trance. I also brush them out real ggodon main cleaning day. I also use one of those sticky rollsand run it over them to get loose hair. So far I have not had anyearmites on buns but the dogs do. When I need to do something like thison bun I make it quick and painless for both me and buns. I will notfuss with one at stress out the situation when I can flip them on theirbacks do what needs done and send them hoping away with a treat

thanks bunty! I have only the one and amnew to this. She seems to be ok about me looking at her earsreal quick if I'm petting her. So maybe that would be a goodtime to check. What would I use if she did have them?

If she is not scratching her head constantly andrubbing it she is prob OK. Her ears will be scaley and notclean and pick like normal. It is just something I do so I can get itbefore it would progress we had buns come in rescue so bad the poorthings stunk

Latest posts

Back