Got My Girlie Today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post besides my introduction. :)

I was expecting to adopt a little boy this Friday, but I got a call this morning saying that they did not feel okay adopting to me because I am moving at the end of May. I took it pretty hard because I had been planning for him and really had my heart set on him. I had made arrangements to pick him up and everything. Now, it seems that fate had a different plan.

Back story: There is a HORRIBLE pet store in town. I have an odd relationship with the owner of the store... They used to get baby rats who had Megacolon in on their rat shipments, and I would take them and have them humanely PTS. One day she asked me to take a blind hairless rat they had and couldn't rehome due to her handicap. This rat had babies a week or so after she was given to me, cannibalized the litter, and died herself only two months after I got her.

Okay now on to how fate is awesome today! I went in the petstore today strictly to tell them that the rat had died. After telling her, she kind of shrugged and didn't seem too interested. Then she looked at me, squinted, and asked if I liked rabbits. Of course I said yes. She said that they had one Easter rabbit left, and needed to get rid of it because they don't normally stock rabbits and this one was taking up too much space. She asked if I would take it. Due to the events of that morning, I was pretty down and... well naturally agreed. Sothanks to a twist of fate, I now have my little girl.

I believe she is a little girl, anyway! I have never had young rabbits, all of my past rabbits have been mature when I got them. I Googled though, and I think I have it right.

I was told she was an American fuzzy lop, and I believe it. I don't know what her coloring is called though, or her age, although I'd say maybe 12 weeks? She's not very old at all. She is so, so sweet and mellow. On the ride home she sat in my lap and just chilled out. Getting her home, I let her hop around a bit in the living room and she just explored everything, but as soon as you start petting her, she leans into your hand and lays down. She really is a sweetheart. I have to get a permanent cage set up for her, right now she's just got a few cube panels strung together (2X3 and only one panel high as she's so little). I had planned on picking up a cage from my friend on my way home from picking up my boy, so now I have to arrange a new time to get the cage down here. For now she is okay. I setthepanelson a chest at the end of my bed and left a panel off so she can go in the cage and go around my bed. Right now she's flopped on one of my pillows. :)

Here are a few pictures!

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

I think this one shows her body type off very well.

IMG_4231.jpg

I've been calling her Mary Jane. Kind of naughty... But it also is a sweet little girl's name. Which she is, so. :p We've been calling her Bubbie as a nickname.

I'll get some more pictures soon!

she is absolutely gorgeous! crazy that nobody wanted her... but it all worked out well in the end!

I said in another thread last week that I thought one of the baby rabbits in that thread was the cutest bunny I had ever seen... but I think this one might take the title!

I've never had a young rabbit either... but the more I see, the more I want one!

A fuzzy!!!! So cute! Congrats!
I love my fuzzy. They are a bit of work because of their hair, but Skye is such a teddy bear I can't imagine not having one. (She is also a diva though, so beware!)

shes cute until she gets used to it there, then she will have you wrapped around her bunny feet. beautiful though, and glad you got her :) better than her sitting in there forever getting old and sick

Congratulations on your "New Baby Girl". She's adorable.

I look forward to hearing all about her and of course seeing LOTS of pictures.

Susan :)

I have a feeling once she gets settled she will be a little diva bunny... LOL

That store really makes me angry; they are the worst I've seen in awhile. I'm glad I got her out of there. And I wasn't going to pass her up after I saw her, haha. It is odd that no one wanted her. I'm sure though they had at least 20 other bunnies and she was just the last one. I feel sorry for the others; who knows where they went. :( At least Mary Jane came here where she will be taken care of properly.

Congratulations! My oldest daughter has an american fuzzy lop and he is the apple of her eye. He is a handsome boy who loves her very much! He is a lot of work to keep him nice, but she is committed to him. She picks through his hair and grooms him almost every day.

Good luck and enjoy her! She is adorable!

Congrats! What a cute baby! I have a fuzzy girl too and she is a real princess. She has this attitude that the world should bow before her. She growls and charges and has no qualms about biting if she feels the need. She knows the grooming routine and will sit quietly for almost 45 minutes and then watch your fingers!! Good luck, I can't believe nobody wanted that baby. It would have come home with me for sure!
Susie

I just found some of my rabbit grooming stuff from my previous fuzzy. Yay! So we're going to work on that starting today so that she gets used to it. Although I don't remember having to do much more with Emma than combing her out every once in a while.

My dog loves her. Well, at least she likes to follow her around and then look up at me and go "What IS this??" It's kind of cute. Last night the three of us cuddled on the bed. Until Mary Jane pee'd, then cuddle time was over, LOL. Silly thing.

SunnyCait wrote:
My dog loves her. Well, at least she likes to follow her around and then look up at me and go "What IS this??" It's kind of cute. .
your dog is following the bun around cause the bun is like a Pez dispensar,lol

Back