Got Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redestarr

Reaction score
Hi! iwent to petshop after my class. i was just gonna take a lookat the lionhead babies that arrived yesterday. there was thislittle boy, he is smokey light grey, after looking at various lionheadwebsites, to figure out how to describe the color and the name ofit, the color looks kinda like the pearl sable(maybe) i'll take pic soon after the batteries charged up ...i named him Boogie.... Baron von Boogie is his name!

he is starting to move around in his cage and eating, and sniffing myfingers, i had to resist the urge to take ahold of him and hug him, toosoon, right??

Evenstar

Awww!! Too cute! Love the name, too! :D

I'm not sure. Honestly, I've only beena Bunny Mama for about a month, and am still trying to get an answer onwhat color my cutie is. :)

Sorry! :(

awww,he is soo adorable,i just love the lionheadbunnies,ohh i wish we had them here in Australia,i would really love tosee one in person but.......

well you really should give your bunny a cuddle,im sure he will let youknow when he has had enough and wants down:)enjoy your newbunny,he will have so many knew things to teach you:)

cheryl

Oh, P.S. You could ask the question about her color in the Rabbitry forum and get a good answer. :D

He's so cute! We'd love to see you start a bunny blog dedicated to Boogie (by the way, great name!)

Ok, wait...I have to ask. Chock it upto my dad raising me on his humor, but did you name Boogieafter...um...boogers, or after dancing?? Sorry toask if you named him after dancing...I just had to know!! :)

hehe, i named him after dancing, according tomerriam-webster dictionary: earthy and strongly rhythmic rock musicconducive to dancing; also : a period of or occasion fordancing to this music

also boogie-woogie:a percussive style of playing blues on the pianocharacterized by a steady rhythmic ground bass of eighth notes inquadruple time and a series of improvised melodic variations

we had a couple of dogs in the past named boogie, and as for Baron vonBoogie, i remembered a mini-pin that my grandma had and she named himthat for the pedigree and as a family name for the dog was Boogie forshort, he was a great dog and lived to be an old-timer grizzled "man"like pop-eye's father :rainbow:

Very cute...I was just curious. :)

redestarr wrote:
hehe, i named him afterdancing, according to merriam-webster dictionary: earthy and stronglyrhythmic rock music conducive to dancing; also : a periodof or occasion for dancing to this music

also boogie-woogie:a percussive style of playing blues on the pianocharacterized by a steady rhythmic ground bass of eighth notes inquadruple time and a series of improvised melodic variations

we had a couple of dogs in the past named boogie, and as for Baron vonBoogie, i remembered a mini-pin that my grandma had and she named himthat for the pedigree and as a family name for the dog was Boogie forshort, he was a great dog and lived to be an old-timer grizzled "man"like pop-eye's father :rainbow:

What a cutie! :inlove:I love the name too. Can't wait for more pics. ;)

- Anneliese and Bunny :bunnydance::bunnydance:

Thank you, i was gonna take more pic but thebatteries went out, i need to invest in a better batteries, i m gonnadig around and see if i can find a regular double A batteries, therechargable batteries don't work

anyway, all that hair was hiding how thin he is, i can feel hishipbones, and all of his ribs, his bunny-mates at the petshopwasn't thin like he is, he and his bunny-mates was from the samebreeder... can't blame the petshop owner for this cause he gotten thebunnies the day before i bought Boogie, see i knew that theywere going to recieve some bunnies that day but they told me to waittil the next day...my guess is that perhaps the breeder didn't noticedthat Boogie was quite thin cause of all that hair, i know how easy itis to miss cause my grandmother used to raise pomerianians

no worry cause i will put some meat back into his bones in no time :)
he will be okay and when payday comes i will take him to the vet for checkup and to make sure that he is a male.

i don't think he is eating the hay i gave him .. perhaps i need to buy timothy hay, maybe he would eat that

He is very cute!! Post more pictures in thebunny blog section so we can all help you get a decision with hiscoloring. Or post in the rabbitry forum and you can ask there!!

Let us know how it turns, out, ok?

Sending love his way!! :kiss:

As far as the Timothy Hay, there are great references on this site asfar as hay requirements and information. In the meantime, howold is your cutie? (If you said before, and I'm being lazy innot looking, forgive me...lol.)

redestarr wrote:
Thank you, i was gonnatake more pic but the batteries went out, i need to invest in a betterbatteries, i m gonna dig around and see if i can find a regular doubleA batteries, the rechargable batteries don't work

anyway, all that hair was hiding how thin he is, i can feel hishipbones, and all of his ribs, his bunny-mates at the petshopwasn't thin like he is, he and his bunny-mates was from the samebreeder... can't blame the petshop owner for this cause he gotten thebunnies the day before i bought Boogie, see i knew that theywere going to recieve some bunnies that day but they told me to waittil the next day...my guess is that perhaps the breeder didn't noticedthat Boogie was quite thin cause of all that hair, i know how easy itis to miss cause my grandmother used to raise pomerianians

no worry cause i will put some meat back into his bones in no time :)
he will be okay and when payday comes i will take him to the vet for checkup and to make sure that he is a male.

i don't think he is eating the hay i gave him .. perhaps i need to buy timothy hay, maybe he would eat that

i was told that he is about 10 or 11 weeks old

sometimes i wonder if he is younger than that cause in comparision tothe head size of the other two at the shop, his head and eyes aresmaller

his teeth looks good, he won't let me look at his backend just yet

i had a great idea to encourage him to go potty in the litterbox, i put his food bowl in the litterbox at the corner of one end

i use papertowel and put alot of hay in the litterbox

actually the litterbox is really a small cage that i had my first rat in (the red box)

what greens could he eat?

i know there is a posting on that but i forget where tho
:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back