Got a bit of a problem here...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittsBunny

Reaction score
Wrangler has learned to jump onto my bed (which I think is adorable) - he does this every morning between 8 & 10 AM...when I'm still asleep. He's now the one that wakes me up, not my alarm clocks.

Anyways, I always brag about how good he is about using his box, but this morning I woke up to a surprising and disgusting site! Wrangler had peed (tho it looks worse than that to me) all over my bed! I don't know what to do now, 'cause I can't have him start peeing on my bed! And it makes me wonder if he is peeing anywhere else in my room! Do bunnies understand the word "no"? I don't know what to do to keep him from peeing on my bed!

He's peed on it twice, the first time when I got him, but it was just one spot. Today it was more like four spots. This morning he was especially hyper and was running/binkying around my bed like crazy. I don't know if he got too excited or what?

Well here are the pics:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/lovemybuns/Health/DSC01982.jpg

(I had started to clean the bottom spot - so that's why it looks especially wet).

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/lovemybuns/Health/DSC01983.jpg

What should I do about this? I would like to keep him in my room...he keeps me company...but I can't keep washing my comforters and sheets all the time! I love having him on my bed, but I am worried he is going to continue to do this! And I hope he isn't peeing on my carpet either!

Check and see if you can feel testicles. They are usually pretty easy to feel for and I think they are about the size of your thumb (average size rabbit for mini rex, dutch, etc.)Or you could always have a vet check but usually they cost money to even see them.

Rusty wrote:
Check and see if you can feel testicles. They are usually pretty easy to feel for and I think they are about the size of your thumb (average size rabbit for mini rex, dutch, etc.)Or you could always have a vet check but usually they cost money to even see them.

Okay I'll feel around for em tonight when he comes out of hiding. He's a Netherland Dwarf, so I imagine, if he has any still, that they'd be small?

Yea, I don't want to have to take him to the vet unless I really have to. Tight on money. But if he needs to be fixed, he needs to be fixed.

Most of the time he is very good about using his box. I watch him use it. But I know "accidents" can happen...but I just need to keep him from getting the idea that he can pee on my bed! Or anywhere else for that matter - only in his box!

Maybe you could lay an old sheet over the top of your comforter when you go to bed. That way if he pees most of it will get soaked up by the sheet and not into your comforter. But, if you find out he's not neutered that's probably a big part of why it happened. It sounds like what he did this morning was more like spraying.

Between eight and ten? Lucky you. I don't get a wake up call every morning, but it's usually around six if I do. (good thing I get up then anyway) And not to mention those middle of the night visits! He must be lucky he is so darn cute. If Nelson or the girls peed on my bed it would become a forbidden territory. Maybe fence it off for a while and only let him up there when you are watching to stop him mid-pee if you have to? Or is there any smell on the comforter that might offend him and make him feel the need to mark it as his own? Best of luck.

Nelson_is_mine wrote:
Between eight and ten? Lucky you. I don't get a wake up call every morning, but it's usually around six if I do. (good thing I get up then anyway) And not to mention those middle of the night visits! He must be lucky he is so darn cute. If Nelson or the girls peed on my bed it would become a forbidden territory. Maybe fence it off for a while and only let him up there when you are watching to stop him mid-pee if you have to? Or is there any smell on the comforter that might offend him and make him feel the need to mark it as his own? Best of luck.

Yeah...I don't know if I should forbit him just yet...this his is first time doing it just 'cause. I don't know what triggered his accidents today. Like I said above though, he was especially rowdy.

Well here are some pictures that I took just a moment ago of Wrangler's "area":

Erm...I am not sure if those were balls I was feeling or just part of his plumbing...

You tell me:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/lovemybuns/Health/DSC01984.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/lovemybuns/Health/DSC01985.jpg

Poor Wrangler felt like I was violating him!

I'm no expert, but to me there are no obvious testicles in that picture.
This does bring up another thing though, are you sure he's a he? There's always the possibility that Wrangler is in fact an unspayed female.

missyscove wrote:
I'm no expert, but to me there are no obvious testicles in that picture.
This does bring up another thing though, are you sure he's a he? There's always the possibility that Wrangler is in fact an unspayed female.
Well, I guess that's a possibility...but he acts more like a male to me...but I could be wrong. I am looking at all these sexing images and I am just so confused now! Ugh!

I know it can get confusing. It really helps if you can see both males and females in person; I've done a lot of sexing at the shelter where I volunteered.
If the person you got him from said he was neutered, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's just something else you could consider as a possibility.

missyscove wrote:
I know it can get confusing. It really helps if you can see both males and females in person; I've done a lot of sexing at the shelter where I volunteered.
If the person you got him from said he was neutered, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's just something else you could consider as a possibility.
Yeah...well I can't have him spraying everwhere either...

Did you look at the pictures by any chance? From what I googled, Wrangler looks to have all male parts to me!

I think your he is a she(tell me if i an not right)I have boy and girl bunns and none are fixed and yours looks like my girly summer here is a pick:
(sorry about bad pick and date is not right will git better picks tomarrow)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz393.jpg

BrittsBunny wrote:
Wrangler has learned to jump onto my bed (which I think is adorable) - he does this every morning between 8 & 10 AM...when I'm still asleep. He's now the one that wakes me up, not my alarm clocks.

Anyways, I always brag about how good he is about using his box, but this morning I woke up to a surprising and disgusting site! Wrangler had peed (tho it looks like "jizz" to me) all over my bed! I don't know what to do now, 'cause I can't have him start peeing on my bed! ... I don't know if he got too excited or what?
Scone MacBunny gets me up every morning, too. Thankfully, he was dissuaded from trying at the first light of dawn, as he did at first, and on weekdays he waits until the alarm goes off. On weekends, if I haven't set the alarm, he gets me up about 8:00-8:30 - I think it confuses him when there's no alarm, but eventually he decides IT'S TIME.

I'd give Wrangler another chance and see what happens. If Wrangler's developed a bad habit, then obviously bed's got to become a "no go" zone. Otherwise, there's no better alarm clock than a bunny.

Just once I woke up to find Scone had peed on the bed - he never did it before, and has never done it since, so I don't know if something scared him in the night, or he wasn't feeling well, or what.

And rabbits do understand "no" - they just don't choose to do anything about it, usually...

MikeScone wrote:
And rabbits do understand "no" - they just don't choose to do anything about it, usually...

LOL yeah I guess I kinda figured that out...

As for him actually being a her, I don't know. I posted the pics, and well, I'm hoping yall can tell me. If not, looks like I am gonna have to make that trip to the vet's after all.

Hayley411 wrote:
I have some pretty good info about sexing rabbits on my website, take a look:

http://twilightdutchrabbitry.webs.com/sexingrabbits.htm

In the pictures you posted you didn't apply enough pressure to expose the genitalia.

Try it again and take pictures.

About the bed, have youby any chance had you room mates rabbit on your bed lately?

~Hayley

Okay well I'll try again tomorrow...right now the bun won't let me pick him/her up.

& no her bunny has never been on my bed. Now her dog has been on my bed before, but why would my bun just start making a mess?

It could just be a one time thing. I know Rusty did it to me and he was neutered. And after that one or two nights he didn't do it again. I guess just wait and see how it goes. Sometimes if you call ahead of time the vets will check for free. My vet lets me take in my rabbits to weigh them whenever I want free of charge.

Latest posts

Back