Goodbye Tank

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
:(

The breeder came to get Tank back a few days ago. The babies are ontheir own. I still feel bad, but I'm trying hard not to think too muchabout it.

She ran and hid when she heard him coming. She was huddled in thecorner of her box and I had to shove her out. sigh.... Talk about guilt!

It was so hard to see her go back.:(:(All I could do was giveher a good couple months here with a good environment, affection,gentleness...but she had to go back. She really blossomed at the end,friendly and begging. I think she'll be glad to see her mate again, atleast. They really seemed to love each other.

I wish I could adopt all the breeder's bunnies, and give them a betterhome, but I can't. I'm glad Tank had a good couple months, anyway, andI hope she's ok in the future.

The babies are doing fine without her, but they seem happy to have each other. I think they miss her.

Rose

Rose, my heart aches for you. I know how closeyou got to Tank, afterall she mothered Bunbuns babies. I bet the babiesdo miss her - Shes their Mommy.

It doesn't seem like five minutes since Tank was in Labour! How old arethe little ones now? Time has flown so quick and I am sure you willagree!

I'm so sorry she has had to go. I'll miss hearing about her.

I'll be thinking about you at this sad time!

Vickie

Thanks all....

The babies are 5 weeks old. They are so big!

I do miss Tank though. And I keep thinking of the place she had to go back to....:(

Rose

awww thats sad. How did you happen to have Tankfrom the breeder in the first place. I am sure you gave her a good homeeven if it was short. Sorry she had to go.

Cristy

mygrl2k3 wrote:
awww thats sad. How did you happen to have Tank from thebreeder in the first place. I am sure you gave her a good home even ifit was short. Sorry she had to go.

Cristy

I borrowed her because he is the only one who raises Palominos besidesme. I bred her with Bunbun and she had 9 little ones. She was pregnantwhen she came (surprise!), and she had 4 in that batch. We raisedthose, then bred her to Bunbun. She was here about 4 months.

She lived in bad conditions with about 100 other bunnies of all breeds.She killed her first litter, but liked it so much here she kept themall! She went from running and hiding when I walked by to hanging on myarm and biting my sleeve to get food. She was docile and placid bynature but had never had affectionate handling and flinched whentouched.

So I feel bad she had a taste of the good life and had to go back. Ifeel so guilty. But at least she had that.....I keep remindingmyself....

Rose

Latest posts

Back