Goodbye little buddy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

100_0195Large.jpg

Beauwas a sweet little holland lop thatI bought from a petstore in 2003beforeI was even affiliated with the shelter.

I truly want Beau to be the poster boy for anyone whoeven considers breeding rabbitsrandomly and/or without extensive knowledge of breeding.

Beau's teeth problems were genetic problems and were so terrible both physically for him and emotionally and financially for me thatno onerabbit or person should ever have to go through what we have gone through.

I will never regret having and loving Beau but it makes me cry to know there are other rabbits who have suffered like he has.

Beau was mainly defined by3 things.
1) The outstanding bond that he had with hisfemale friendBabette (RIP June 2008). They were together since Beau was brought home by me in 2003 at about 8 weeks old. She immediately took him in as her baby and until 2008 he lived the life of a pampered prince. She fawned over him.

100_1052Large-1.jpg

and occasionally he would give her a little affection back

100_1028Large-1.jpg

2) At about the age of 3 he began to develop abnormal growth of his peg teeth. After trying to find help here in La Crosse I was referred to a Professor of Dentistry at the University of Madison. ( Dr Bill Gengler)
Dr Gengler discovered upon exam and x-rays that Beau's incisors were the healthiest teeth in his mouth but that he had many severely infected molars and severe periodontal disease. (a problemcaused byvery poor breeding)

Beau has had multiple and massive dental work done for years but as he lost teeth it seemed that hisremaining teeth grew in even more irregularly.
I know that he has suffered a lot physically :bigtears:in his life so when he lost Babette I thought thathe would lose the will to live but Beau surprised me

3) Beau "looked" like he was a baby but he was really a very tough rabbit who lived alone and handled his dental problems well.

Because of the compexity of what was discovered at the dentist's today and the fact that the work that needed to be done would require a long and difficult recovery ; the dentist and I decided it was best for him to leave us

Rip little Buddy :cry2I truly Loved You

I really have absolutely no idea how I will begin each day without you. :(

Maureen

I'm so sorry :(

Binky Free Beau:rainbow:

Jen

I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you at this loss. Beau sounds like he was a truly amazing bunny. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

:pray:

we're so sorry to hear about your losing Beau. Bunnies are simply amazing at what they can go thru. Our Stewart just passed last week--he also had multiple dental problems and was at the vet at least once a month. We are lucky in that he passed peacefully, at home. Not all of can be that lucky. The hardest thing to do is that last trip to the vets, but you know in your heart that it was time. Binky free little man and say hi to Stewart for us.

I'm so sorry to hear about Beau's passing, Maureen :cry2. Binky free, little guy :hearts.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave him what we all need and deserve...a safe, loving place in which to live. May the sadness that you feel now be replaced with the great memories that you've made with Beau through the years.

Binky-free, cute guy!:rainbow:

Maureen, I am so sorry about your little guy. I am currently going through the tough process of having to let my oldest rabbit go. He has Cancer and hip dysplasia and I know it would be best for him to leave us aswell but it is so difficult.
Your post is really helping me do what is best.
:bunnyheart

-stephanie

I'm so very sorry for your loss Maureen

Maureen, I'm so sorry to hear about Beau.

What a Beautiful Bunny he was. You can tell by the way you talk about him he was so loved by you and his Loving Babette.

Binky Pain Free at the Rainbow Bridge :rainbow:Beau.

Susan:bunnyangel2:

Maureen, I'm so sorry! Beau had been through so much, I was starting to think he'd make it through anything. I wish that had been the case. At least he can snuggle with Babette again.

:sad:

Sorry to hear of your loss,
Binky free little one :angelandbunny:

I am so sad to hear about Beau. He was such a courageous little boy, with a Mommy and girlfriend who loved him so much.

Poor boy - his mouth sounds like it was a real mess. You did the right thing by him, though I can imagine what a huge gap he is going to leave in your life :(

God Bless, Beau. You were one special bunny!

Jan

I am so sorry that it was Beau's time. I imagine him now sitting with Babette with all fine teeth and no pain at the bridge. Binky free, Beau.

I am so sorry for your loss Maureen.

Please know there is no more pain for him and he is with Babette.

Binkie free beautiful Beau. :pink iris:

Latest posts

Back