Goodbye King Bun-Bun, my beautiful baby boy ❤️

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani13563

Reaction score
I never thought I would have to make this kind of post so soon. I had so many ideas for the future and had already started saving up my own money so I could pay for a neuter surgery once he got older. This was so sudden and I can’t think of where I went wrong. 😭
Me and my family had just gotten home from my birthday party when I noticed Bun-Bun was acting strange. He didn’t run up to his pen door to be let out and he didn’t even flinch when I crinkled his hay bag. He went to the back of his pen and faced away from me. I decided to pick him up and when I laid him in my lap he went limp. He laid on my lap for a minute and then tried to walk onto the floor but his front legs suddenly wouldn’t move, and he tried to propel himself forward with just his back legs, so I laid him back in my lap. After several minutes I think he went into a seizure. (His back arched and his eyes rolled back and he started shaking.) Then he died. I don’t know if he had a genetic neurological issue, an infection, or if I hurt him without knowing. He never seemed to be in pain (he tried to move around and never made a sound.) He was just 11 weeks old.
Bun-Bun, I’m so sorry if I hurt you. I’m going to miss getting scared by noise in the middle of the night, then realizing it’s just you messing around. I’m going to miss your Houdini pen escapes and your cute zoomies. I’m going to miss having to shuffle walk across my room since you loved following me right under my feet. I’m going to miss you asking for pets while I cleaned your pen. I’m going to miss cleaning your messes and being upset when you peed on my calculus textbooks. I’m going to miss hearing you run across my keyboard making clacking noises. I’m going to miss hearing you nibble on hay while I did my homework. I’m going to miss you loudly chewing on cardboard while I tried to sleep. I still see small movements in the corner of my eye and think it’s you running around. I’m going to miss you licking my nose when I laid down on the floor with you. I’m going to miss you spinning for a timothy “flower”. I’m going to miss seeing your silly little beard. And I’m going to miss giving you the biggest kisses every morning. I wish I would have hugged you more, pet you more, and kissed you more than I did. I should have given you more love. I only had you for nineteen days but these were the best nineteen days of my life. I don’t even have the strength to tear down your exercise pen. I love you so much and miss you so much even thought it’s only been an hour since you passed. I hope you’re happy and healthy, hopping around in bunny heaven. RIP King Bun-Bun ❤️

Attachments

• B3793148-21C6-4143-BADA-CFF7D8678FEA.jpeg
    B3793148-21C6-4143-BADA-CFF7D8678FEA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 208DA406-6374-4976-96C2-5460631B9E04.jpeg
    208DA406-6374-4976-96C2-5460631B9E04.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 478E3961-DE6D-4D1E-B961-F1356647E669.jpeg
    478E3961-DE6D-4D1E-B961-F1356647E669.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I am so so sorry for your loss, he seems like such a sweet bunny 💔 Binky free Bun-Bun 🌈
I’m so sorry for your loss. He sounded like such a sweetheart! There seems to have been so many losses recently and I cry for each one. I don’t want to open anymore emails because it’s so hard to read about the loss of someone’s precious bun. I truly feel your pain!💔💔😭😭💕❤️🐇🐇

I’m so sorry for your loss. He sounded like such a sweetheart! There seems to have been so many losses recently and I cry for each one. I don’t want to open anymore emails because it’s so hard to read about the loss of someone’s precious bun. I truly feel your pain!💔💔😭😭💕❤️🐇🐇
Thankyou so much Mom to Minx! 😭 This means so much! 💕

I can't... Sometimes i wonder why i decided to take on pet rabbits as well, now knowing how fragile and feeble they can be despite our best efforts. Or how they can outlive many a dog and cat with seemingly less love put into them.
How is it that the most sensitive people get to keeping the most sensitive of creatures? I get weepy every time i read a bridge announcment. I know i will cry, and i don't want to, but i'll still read the posts and weep for the departed.
So much is dependent on the individual. If he was with you for 20 days and only 11 weeks old, it might've just been a little too early for him to leave his parent home.
Now i know that many buns are given away at just 6 weeks and still survive and that 8 is the minimum, but some buns might need more time to get going? Just like humans could pretty much go live off their own devices from 15-16 years of age but can easily also be 25 when that would be first possible.
Though i don't know since i've never gotten a rabbit younger than 3 months of age, partly because of avaliability and partly because of safety. We want to make sure the buns we house are out of the super young stage.
Keep your bun in your heart, save up more and maybe a new bun will give you a new outlook on rabbits, in the nearer or further future. Be kind to yourself. Your bun is surely happy that you were willing to take on the commitment he was and would've been for the better part of the upcoming decade.

I can't... Sometimes i wonder why i decided to take on pet rabbits as well, now knowing how fragile and feeble they can be despite our best efforts. Or how they can outlive many a dog and cat with seemingly less love put into them.
How is it that the most sensitive people get to keeping the most sensitive of creatures? I get weepy every time i read a bridge announcment. I know i will cry, and i don't want to, but i'll still read the posts and weep for the departed.
So much is dependent on the individual. If he was with you for 20 days and only 11 weeks old, it might've just been a little too early for him to leave his parent home.
Now i know that many buns are given away at just 6 weeks and still survive and that 8 is the minimum, but some buns might need more time to get going? Just like humans could pretty much go live off their own devices from 15-16 years of age but can easily also be 25 when that would be first possible.
Though i don't know since i've never gotten a rabbit younger than 3 months of age, partly because of avaliability and partly because of safety. We want to make sure the buns we house are out of the super young stage.
Keep your bun in your heart, save up more and maybe a new bun will give you a new outlook on rabbits, in the nearer or further future. Be kind to yourself. Your bun is surely happy that you were willing to take on the commitment he was and would've been for the better part of the upcoming decade.
Thankyou so much Catlyn! This was my first time owning an animal that wasn’t considered just “livestock”. Losing him hurt so much more than what I was used to. After I bought him I regretted it at first because he just seemed so fragile and easy to hurt. I’m definitely considering getting another, but I don’t want to forget about him just yet. He was just so perfect. My family made a decision long ago that we would never surrender an animal, and always put them first. I even got out of a family vacation two weeks from now because I didn’t trust anyone to take care of him 😭. He was definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me. Again, thank you for the advice and kind words! ❤️

Hi Dani13563

Thank you for having the courage to share your loss with us in the midst of your deepest pain. I can tell with absolutely certainty (all across the globe from Scandinavia) that you´re a such a loving and caring bonnie parent - simply because you pull the same strings in my own heart!

My "rabbit family" has 3 members inside my heart - all working together in beautiful harmony caring for my dear bonnie Bianca. All of them are so different and special to me and yet similar in being the most adorable little animal that I know. I sometimes just lay down besides Bianca while memories of their special personalities pop up inside my head all while she has to groom herself a little bit because of my tears (poor little thing).

Trust me - you will come to a place where you´re ready to meet new bonnie friends again. It does however take time – for me it has always has been several months before I was ready to truly say again: Welcome little one - I can´t wait to get to know you just as YOU are!

Okay that’s about as much as I can stand for now! I’m crying and there’s no new departure over the bridge. They are such wonderful pets and take the most work and my heart is always scared something is going to happen to Minx but o love her so much and don’t know what I’d do without her! They bring so much pleasure. So there’s my thoughts on the subject fir now!
thanks for yours!!!💔💕❤️🐇🐇🤣🤣😘

We are so sorry for your loss--they are so good at hiding problems--we've had 3 that were fine in the morning and gone in the afternoon, it just happens no matter how careful we are. The only consolation is to remember the joy, love, and happiness they gave while they were with us, even if only for far too short a time. Binky free and rest in peace little man.

Back