Good thoughts for Coco

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordiwes

Reaction score
Hi All,

There is a really nice and friendly big black lop at the SPCA that Iwant to take home. My husband is against doing anything to jeopordizeour happy family but he's such a nice mellow bunny and I know my twowould love him!

Please send good thoughts to Coco and my husband, and to me so hopefully I can convince him!

Here's a pic:

coco.jpg

I really appreciate it!

Good Thoughts and Good Wishes.

Is he neutered?
How about doing a bunny date, to seehowthe three ofthemreact before You Decide.

1. Coco. :)
2. Your Bunnies. :D
3. Your Husband. :shock:

Rainbows! :)

Thanks Usako!

Thanks pet_bunny, that is a great idea. Although, they are so scaredwhen they leave the house that they may not be behaving naturally.

And when they let Coco out, he doesn't ever go after any of thebunnies, even the males! He was neutered on Saturday but he didn'tdisplay any hormonal behaviours prior to the neuter.

Poor guy is getting lonely and depressed at the shelter!

Well, other than Darry and Radar, who are nowbonded, none of mine get along, but they all get their own space andtheir own time to have the run of the house.

Other than the juggling and bunny proofing, and themdroppingterritorial poops to mark their areas, it seems towork. It's an inconvenience, but I'm putting the bunniesfirst. If the trade off is a bit more workto givethe bunnies a MUCH happier life, than so be it. (Maybe that'san argument to use on the hubby?) ;)

What are the little guy'soptions at the SPCA? Is ita no kill shelter? Do they think he'll easily find anotherhome? Is he taking space away from another bunny in need thatcould use the cage space?

How does the SPCA feel aboutfostering him out? Notalways possible, but that's still the best bet,even one stepbetter than bringing the buns to visit. Take him for a monthor three, adopt him if it works out.

Good luck with thehubby!

sas :) (and the warren):bunnydance::brownbunny:toastingbuns:bunny24

OMG..my first rabbit Sheba looked just likeher!!!. Why don't you take your husband to see her in person. He mightsoften after he sees her,pets her or plays with her

Oh guys, to make a long story short, we broughtCoco home (what a GREAT bun!) but Wesley started attacking Jordi everytime she went near him.

We had to bring him back to the shelter. It's comforting that it's agreat (no-kill) shelter but I fell in love with Coco.:tears2:He would come right up to you and touch noses withyou. He loved to be loved, and he was such a cutie.

But every time Wesley smelled him he would go bonkers! I never knew my mellow boy would be like that.

After I took Coco back (crying the entire way), I made the mistake ofputting a box that Coco had been in in the bunnies room. Jordi wentinside it and Wesley went after her! He was chasing her and chasing herand managed to pull out some fur. But Jordi is way faster than him.

I took them back to bonding basics. I took them down to the dining roomtable where they snuggled each other for comfort. Meanwhile Icompletely sanitized the entire upstairs. I took them back to theirroom where Jordi was still a little afraid but then Wesley flopped downto go to sleep and eventually Jordi flopped right beside him. They arefriends again but oh man what a day/night.

Sorry that wasn't so short!

:(Thats a shame ..are your other bunsaltered? Even some of my neutered males are viscious with each other.It is surprising when a sweet little gentle bun turns into a:mad:when introduced to another rabbit...at least you tried

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. Mochadoes the same thing if she see's Loki flirt with Fey andSprite. I put plywood boards up so they can't see each otherwhen they're playing, because Loki was getting headbutted too much.

Thank goodness it's a no-kill shelter! He's so cute, he should get a good home soon.

:hug:

Thanks guys. It means so much to share my story with bunnypeople who understand what I'm going through.

I'm still really sad about Coco but oh so relieved that the two bunnies are back together.

I had to take a "sick" day yesterday and nobody knows the reason is rabbits!

What a brave and noble act youdid. Against the wishes of your husband and your bunnies youtried to adopt Coco. Now that you tried it, youshouldn't feel bad and you shouldn't regretthat you couldn't keep Coco. I am sure some luckyfamily will find Coco a realtreasure. Wish it wasme. :saddened
Rainbows! :bunny5

Latest posts

Back