Good kitten behavior?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pandaran

Reaction score
Hello, I adopted a week ago today my new and only bunny Hanna, who is 7 weeks old. When I reach my hand in to pet her she's been staying and letting my stoke her ears or head, but usually always after she'd scuttle off to her hide-away box.

Is this good progress? She still charges at my hand if I put it by her box.

And, Right now she's running around my room behind me. When I let her out it's a real pain in the batuki to get her back. When I go to pick her up or pet her at her level she always runs away, but it's not like scared little prey animal run away, her eyes don't widen and she doesn't look for a place to hide, she just goes on her exploring. This is good right, compared to her scrambling for a place to hide? I have to trap her in a basket or something in order to put her back =/

Also, are gladiolus toxic to rabbits? It's in the Iris family. And is English Ivy toxic?
And any other houseplant or yard plant that you know if that's poisonous please let me know.

-Thanks!

Oh and since I needed to get a pic up:

P1040804.jpg

She wasn't very cooperative =P
I haven't a clue where that pink spot came from, she has another one on her nose fur...It won't come out so we'll see if it lasts

check out the links in this thread for the plants bit. i'm sure some one else will chime in on the other stuff, right now i'm so tired i can hardly see straight:p!

Anna

Firstly, Welcom to the forum!:wave:

Iris is on the unsafe list. Ivy isn't listed that I can see. So, I wouldn't feed it.

Here's a list of unsafe flowers (sorry, editing isn't working with those darn bullets:grumpy:):

Unsafe flowers:

Acacia

Aconite

[*]Antirrhinum
[*]Anemone
[*]Brugmansia
[*]Columbine
[*]Crocus
[*]Daffodil
[*]Dahlia
[*]Delphinium
[*]Feverfew
[*]Gypsophila
[*]Hellebore
[*]Hyacinth
[*]Iris
[*]Larkspur
[*]Lily of the Valley
[*]Lobelia
[*]Love-in-a-mist
[*]Lupin
[*]Narcissus
[*]Poppy
[*]Primrose
[*]Snowdrop
[*]Tulip
[*]Any bulbs

Itsounds like progress to me. She charges your hand, because she is claiming her property. It just takes time and she is so young. She still has terrible teens to go through yet, so, there will be tough times. After she is spayed and been there awhile with you, it should all work out just fine:).

Latest posts

Back