Good Idea?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley B

Reaction score
So i wanted to get a new running pen for my rex male rabbit! :) I currently have a cage and i was wondering if the pen could connect to it. Here is a picture of the cage that is very similar to mine.
pPETS-13106854_alternate2_t300x300.jpg
Would it connect to this pen?
p3764773t300x300.jpg

-Ashley

p.s Any cheap pens that i could buy online but not from craiglists or amazon? Thanks!

Not knowing the sizing on the cage, it's hard to judge.

You might also try drsfostersmith.com for a pen. I got one without a door, but created one by adding 2 cookie-cooling pans, put them one atop the other, with the bottom one permanently in place & the top one folds down when I enter or leave.

With that pen, it does open up. You can then attach the ends to the cage using zip ties, bungee cords or clips of some sort. You may want to zip tie the pen door to keep it closed.

Thanks for all the ideas! :biggrin: I'll be sure to use zip-ties! ALong with some other ideas if that doesnt work! Thanks!

Hey, I found this pen and ordered it, for a few reasons. It opens in a length, not only a circle. Make sure the one you order can be used with the pieces separated. In other words, some are a complete circle, and some like the one I am getting are not. It also has a door, and was on sale for about half price with free shipping.If you look, there are other pics next to the main one that shows the different ways it can be used.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052HL3U2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
You could tweak it to make it work for sure.

I like the pen that Elliot posted a little better than pens made for "small animals" better because they tend to be higher (less of a chance of escape-by-jump) as well as sturdier. I've seen wire pens very similar to that of the picture bend out of shape fairly easily during travel and daily movement to get in and out of the pen. However, the pen you posted could obviously still work.

Latest posts

Back