Good harness?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im pretty sure that where the head goes in is way to big for the baby rabbit that I'm getting Friday or Saturday.I think I'd be further off to buy an actual rabbit harness.Would it be wise to start using the harness when I get the bun or when he/she is fully grown or close to it?

Pipp: my female rabbit Sweetie will slip out of any harness that is not small or extra small. She is really tiny. She isn't a regular size lionhead. She is smaller than Prince. She is full grown and 3.5 pounds. I have found that ferret harnesses do fit the small breed rabbits.

Lillian has a Rogz cat harness. They can be bought at most pet stores.
ALLEYCAT%20HARNESS%20CJ02B.1.jpg

Korr and Penelope have Avenue/Hagen harnesses. They can be bought at most pet stores (check the cat area) or at Zeller and Walmart in Canada. These ones are used by most of the rabbits in the rabbit hopping club. The kitten size fits most small and medium rabbits. A medium size should be larger rabbits.
c1851.jpg

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Lillian has a Rogz cat harness. They can be bought at most pet stores.
ALLEYCAT%20HARNESS%20CJ02B.1.jpg

Korr and Penelope have Avenue/Hagen harnesses. They can be bought at most pet stores (check the cat area) or at Zeller and Walmart in Canada. These ones are used by most of the rabbits in the rabbit hopping club. The kitten size fits most small and medium rabbits. A medium size should be larger rabbits.
c1851.jpg

I wonder if that one will fit my 5 month old lionhead??
12765_082226_250000003.jpg

The one she has on in this picture, she slipped right out of.

Sorry this isn't my thread, but what size would be the best for a lionhead? I estimated wrong because of how fluffy they are and bought large :p

Definitely get a smaller one. If you have to, get a ferret one that looks like the one that your bunny has on, but it is smaller.

Thanks everybody!I'm going to go to town today so I can get supplies to rabbit proof the dog kennel so I can make it a rabbit run.I will try to stop by the pet store to see what harnesses they have:)

rabbitharness.jpg

This is the harness Gus has. He's a 7 1/2 lb rabbit, so a bigger bunny, and he's never slipped out of it yet. I believe you're supposed to fit it so you can just squeeze one finger between the harness and the rabbit's skin.

Also, the leashthat it comes with isonly 4 feet. MUCH too short! I got a retractable 10 foot small dog leash and it works AWESOME!

Hope that helps!

Rue

I have the Lupine harness for Timmy in the smaller size (9-14). He's about 4.5 lbs and I have the neck strap maybe an inch or two from it's smallest and the chest strap maybe 6 inches from its smallest. Try getting a measurement around your rabbit's chest and order accordingly.

Back