Good Fur?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone elses bunny have this?

• Is your bunnies fur changed over time?

• Have you tried anything to fix it?

• No this never happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ashley B

Reaction score
So my male Rex rabbit seems to have oil-like fur. His once nice black fur seems to be getting shiny and brown, and it's starting to feel a little greasy. Like someone who hasn't showered in a while. :? I'm wondering if there is some food or just anything that can help with fur?!

Thanks,
Ashley

He does not directly live outside, i keep him in the garage or house depending on the temperature. HE now has regular pellets, some hay, and occasionaly fruits/veggies. It's not on his head or paws, just his more rear, stomach and areas there. Thanks

Have you bathed him at all? Notice excessive licking? What food do you have him on, I know pellets but what kind?

How's his weight? If he is overweight, he might have trouble keeping clean. The belly and butt area tend to be harder for them to reach.

The brand of pellets does make a difference. I have been feeding Oxbow for about 5 years now and the ones on it have nice coats and are nice and shiny. Some brands can cause dull coats and even other issues.

You can try cleaning up the areas with a damp cloth and see if that helps.

Thanks! And no he is not over-weight... i was worried about that a while ago but everything seems to be fine now! :) Thanks!

Back