Good flooring,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
I am looking to re-do my guys cage because it is too small. I need a good floor idea that can stand up to them chewing and digging.(I have had coroplast and linoleom and they dont last but a month or two.) It just has to survive that and not be absorbent so their pee wont stick in it. We had that problem in our first cage.

Wow... Working on improving the litterbox habits would eliminate your non-absorbant requirements. That would open up the possibilities for flooring significantly.

If all bunnies are sufficiently litter trained, you could do a solid wood floor, with carpet remnants (replaceable) over top, or seagrass mats.

Do you have a photo of your current setup available?

no photo, im going to be upgrading here shortly thats why i am doing this. They use there litter box just miss sometimes when it is time to change it out. I have some linoleom stuff that i might be able to use if i lay it flat. They chewed it up pretty good the last time i put it around their cage so i hope they wont do it this time.

I have a storage cube cage, its 3cubes wide X 2 deep X 2 high. I know it is not that big for the 3 of them but i am space limited. The upgrade I am doing is going to go up not out.

You could purchase a sheet of plywood, and cut it to fit the area you want covered.
Then, you would cut linoleum to fit the plywood shape.
Use a thin layer of contact cement on both the floor and the linoleum.
Once the contact cement has dried to the touch, you stick the two together. Be warned though that you've only got one chance though! It doesn't come apart well ;)

This way, you will have the protection & non-absorbance valueof the linoleum, and the bunnies shouldn't be able to chew it up. Cover that with some carpet remnants you can pitch/seagrass if you like.

Latest posts

Back