Good bye Lucy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahsop

Reaction score
Poor Lucy had some help to cross the bridge on saturday morning. She had cancer.

Lucy came to be my bunny in January 2006 when a friend of ours felt they could no longer look after her. Their piggies had died earlier in the month and they felt their little boy wouldn't deal well when Lucy went so she had to be re-homed!

I kept bunnies as a little girl and have always had a soft spot for them so it was a pleasure to have Lucy, especially as my pussy cat Tigger had been run over by a car the previous summer and I was devestated to lose her. Tigger was my baby when I struggled to have real babies, her loss was a hard as losing a member of the family.

Lucy was a funny girl, she lived outside in a large hutch and in good weather she was always out on the lawn in a huge run. Lucy loved the snow and even when it was freezing and I had packed her hutch with straw she would like to sit for a while with her nose poking out of the hutch.

She could be a madam though! :biggrin2:I remember well Lucy the night before our holidays you escaped your run and dug under the fence into next doors garden, I had to chase you through thick undergrowth to get you home and spent the first few days of the holiday covered in scratches!!!!

Lucy was fine when she went to visit my sister-in-law then all of a sudden she became withdrawn and just not herself at all. We took her to the vet on fri who gave us false hope saying he thought she had a virus and would make a full recovery. The next day she was in a terrible state and we saw another vet who said she had cancer which had spead to her lungs.

Good bye Lucy

sarah, the boys and other bunnies xxxxx

:rainbow:

Latest posts

Back