good+bad news

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamnjo

Reaction score
Well I posted a couple weeks ago about the mousie I got. He died the day after I got him:S We are pretty sure the baby was too young(looked to small)or the whole situation was too stressful for him.It was sad, so we waited a bit.

RIP Pebble:hug1

Well, today I got another mousie. His/her name is Lilidale. I got him/her at a different place. He/she is albino, but has black eyes. There is a BIG difference between the last two I got..the first one was too scared/stressed to explore. Didnt eat or drink, and this one has been here for about 4 hours and has eaten, drank and curled up it the little jungle gym as well as explored his/her new cage. Im very confidient this one will live:D

Sorry for the long post. Thanks guys:brownbunny

Aww I'm sorry about your little one but congrats on your new mousie. I'm glad you waited a bit to move on first :) now pictures!!!

thx.

I dont have any pics yet, but ill get them this week. Dont wanna scare the little guy! Im pretty sureits a boy, I think I can see alittle something down there:p:brownbunny

here are a couple pics of his cage, i havent gotten any of him yet:brownbunny

lilidale001.jpg

lilidale002.jpg

Nice cage! I cant wait to see a picture of your new little BEW mouse :).

Just going to share a bit of information....

You should consider feeding your mouse an orgainc diet of grains and high quality dog food or high quality lab locks with the grain mixture. Seed mixes that you buy in those bags from the pet store can guarentee a shortened life span and health issues. All the seed mixes are are "mcdonalds in a bag", horrible for your pets.

I also noticed that you have some running balls by the cage, be sure to never put your mouse in one. Those balls are like death traps and can cause broken backs and feet.

One more thing :p....mice LOVE hammocks and braided fleece ropes. Do you want me to show you a picture of hammocks and braided fleece ropes?

thanks for the info. Sure I would like to see a picture..but I dont know how to make one:S thanks again! ill be sure to get some pics:brownbunny

You can see the hammocks and braided fleece rope (which the rats pay no attention to, lol) in my cage:

l_689c1d9797f4adfb32ef821ec6fe2b9f.jpg

I sew all my hammocks, but as you can see....I have wash cloths that I bought as like a 12 pack from Target in many different colors that I use for "corner hammocks". You can just fold those over to make "mini mouse hammocks" :D, then hang them up with safety pins.

Your mouse will REALLY enjoy TONS of thick braided fleece ropes going through-out all of his cage. I can really picture it! Make so many that it's a fleece rope jungle in there :p.

When it's time for cleaning, just take out the hammocks and fleece ropes and throw them in the wash...then hang them up again!

Latest posts

Back