Gone wild

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Muffet

Reaction score
I need help please. :?

My daughter had her first litter of baby bunnies which we learned a LOT and loved every moment from the day the mommy fell pregnant. The last baby left last week sunday whereby we had lots of tears, it was really said I must say! :(

Since then the mommy has gone absolutly wild. She is running up and down and kicking the hutch, picking up and throwing her litter box, food and water bowls around. I have put her back with the daddy (buck)but that is even worse as it just upsets him as well. We have tried cuddling her, taking her out of the hutch as long and often as possible but nothing helps??

What is going on and what can we do?? :(

Do you mean they died or you gave them away?

Assuming you mean you gave them away do you know if the babies were weaned all the way she is probably reacting because you need to slowly separate her from the babies if it is all at once she could think the babies just disappeared. Right now she is sad and scared because she just lost all of her babies you need to be there for her and spend as much time with her as possible you need to comfort her and do your best to calm her down.

How to calm her down- you need to constantly be with her petting her holding her(if she lets you comfortably) give her lots of treats and playtime to help her forget about it.

If the daddy is upsetting her take him out as soon as possible.

good luck:biggrin:

1234bunnies777 wrote:

Assuming you mean you gave them away do you know if the babies were weaned all the way she is probably reacting because you need to slowly separate her from the babies if it is all at once she could think the babies just disappeared. Right now she is sad and scared because she just lost all of her babies you need to be there for her and spend as much time with her as possible you need to comfort her and do your best to calm her down.

How to calm her down- you need to constantly be with her petting her holding her(if she lets you comfortably) give her lots of treats and playtime to help her forget about it.

Hi there,

Sorry, I was not very clear. We sold the babies but they went 1 after the other, not all at once.

We will try and calm her down which we have been doing for the last week but it does not seem to work. Will definately keep on doing that.

Thanks for the advise!!

1234bunnies777 wrote:

Hi there,

Sorry, I was not very clear. We sold the babies but they went 1 after the other, not all at once.

We will try and calm her down which we have been doing for the last week but it does not seem to work. Will definately keep on doing that.

Thanks for the advise!!

Did this just start after the last one left?

Whatever it is, you need to figure it out before you even think about breeding her again.

I would give her a cloth toy to see if she starts mothering it.

Sounds like your female is anxious to be bred again. I've talked to many breeders and females do get grouchy and flighty if not bred after babies are weaned.

It's hard wired for rabbits to reproduce. Give her a little time to settle down. This will go away after a bit of time. If you plan to breed her again, do it now because she's ready.

K:)

Latest posts

Back