Gone To The Buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneToTheBuns

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was on RO last year but when I came back recently I couldn't get it to log on, even with attempting to resend the passwords et all. So I registered again, this time as GoneToTheBuns instead of Cabrissi. Our previous blog, containing Cinna's baby pictures and Romeo's early days here are at:
Cinnamon the Cinnabuns Bunderful Life

At any rate Cinnamon the Cinnabun and Romeo oh Romeo are still going well. Romeo has mellowed a lot from the 'shy' bun he was at the shelter as he's discovered his wishes and feelings will be respected here.

DSCF7594.jpg

DSCF7593.jpg

Cinna is as cheeky as ever, though having celebrated her first birthday she's a bit less crazy.
blogcinna.jpg

A rather small bit...
blogchris.jpg

I've also added a third bunny, Nilla Vanillabean - a 6-7 month old domesticXgiant magpie girl with ginormus ears and equally ginormus energy and curiousity. We call her the elephants child. LOL
newbie6.jpg

newbie5.jpg

newbie4.jpg

Nillavanillabean8.jpg

Nillavanillabean5.jpg

Nillavanillabean4.jpg

She was spayed about a month ago so I'm looking to adopt her a husbun and hoping to get a rex this time as I'd dearly love one or perhaps a giant bun. There's one I'd thought about but he's not desexed and I'm not sure if I can take her on an initial 'date' to see if they're compatable and gauge with any sort of accuracy. Not keen to adopt him, desex him and then find out after they won't bond. I do have an ap in with a local rescue but I'm not sure how that will go given they've had a myxo bunny brought in some weeks back and had to lock everyone down to wait and see if anyone else has caught it.

A few quick Christmas pics... I'm still trying to work out this new photoprogram as my old one finally was too buggy to keep using. Obviously I still have a ways to go before I get it right!:p
chrissycinna.jpg

I started out just setting up a present box and letting Cinna explore the bits of scrunched paper and treats in it and got the above and below.
chrissycinna236.jpg

When I wanted one of just Romeo, Cinna was convinced that ANY photo with a Cinnabun in it was better than one without! I popped her back out of the box several times only to have her persistently hop back in!
Chrissycinrom.jpg

So we went with a pic of the cute couple even if it's not super Christmasy!
test.jpg

And a few of Nilla, who has had a sneeze yesterday so I think we might have the early start of a URI going on unfortunately. Naturally our vet is closed till after New Years! :pullhair:
chrissynilla.jpg

chrissynilla1.jpg

Ta Lisa! (Hope I got your name right, I had a peek at your blog and your gorgeous bunbuns!) Nilla is definitely photogenic and she doesn't half know it either! :biggrin2: We're just keeping a close eye on her atm hoping the sneezing doesn't get serious before our vets reopen from holidays.... so far so good!

Here's from today:
noseyparker.jpg

"Why yes, I honestly DO have to explore every square centimeter of absolutely everything and the underside of my cushion has not been checked today!"

yea its Lisa :) thanks for visiting my blog!..Nilla has a very feminine look to her i love her eyes too..ill be watching ur blog for more pics!!!..
she just sneezing or is there any drainage from her nose? if so what color is it?

[align=center]Adorable bunnies!
Love Nilla's coloring! I've never seen a bun colored like that!
(I've seen magpie buns- but not as crisp as your Nilla!)

It's a URI, I know that for sure albeit it wasn't a severe case so much as persistent low-grade. She'd already had a round of antibiotics (procaine penicillin at 300mg/ml) when we first suspected it might be developing. Unfortunately it seems it didn't quite kill it, just supress it till the vets were on holidays!

I ended up taking her to a fellow I know of whom I've taken sick newborn kittens to when I was fostering. So she's got a good jab of baytril at the high end of dosage, with some oral baytril and mucodine for 10 days.

In the meantime I met a bunny who may (fingers crossed) end up being her husbun - a little 2 year old minirex I'd mentioned before. His name is Dexter and he is SOOOO sweet, has always been a free range housebun. Just wants to come up to everyone and be loved on. Even my DH (who has previously only admired the buns from afar as Cinna and Romeo are firmly mommas buns and even Nilla only deigns to acknolwedge me and the kids as her besties) is in love. LOL

Well.... I got him! LOL It's going to be a stinking hot day here, 40C (that's 104F I think) expected, so a good excuse to take it realtively easy getting to know him. :)

His name is Dexter, which I think we'll keep as it suits him. He is in our bedroom until Nilla is all better from her URI and he can move into the bunnies bedroom. I had a sleep in with my daughter this morning and found him curled up next to my cheek when I woke up. Aww!

dexterstuffie.jpg

This is him when he first got home, the little stuffie next to him is one he's had since he's a baby apparently and he does indeed snuggle with it at night. :)
dexter-1.jpg

"Camera? Is that edible?":p
dexterhay.jpg

He's discovered the joys of HAY! I don't think he'd been given it before as the fellow had mentioned pellet mixes and fruit/veggies but nothing about hay and none in his cage. He's pounced on it and tucked in with much enthusiasm! The one thing I've noticed is that he tends to flick his one ear down while chewing, so when we have his check up I think dentition will be one to check.
dexterCU.jpg

A close up - curly little whiskers, curley little eyelashes... he really is -too- cute!

And a few shots from the bed after I got up. He was supervising me folding laundry.:hearts
dexterbedlight.jpg

dexterbedsnoozeside.jpg

dexterbunbum.jpg

dexterbedsnooze.jpg

dexterbedCU.jpg

Latest posts

Back