Gone crazy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MousQwene

Reaction score
Penny has lately been digging furiously. In her cage, on the carpet, the corner between the wall and the floor, everywhere she can get her paws. She is usually rather inactive, choosing to just sit and watch the world go by. Now she is super active, running all over the place, digging, etc. Is she trying to tell us something? Are we doing something wrong? Or is this just a faze?

:hello

I wouldn't worry, to me it sounds like just a crazy phase.

My 3 do the from time to time.

You will probably find, that she is getting rid of excess energy.

Digging is normal to a rabbit. It doesn't matter if it is the carpet, in their cage.

How old is she? Is she spayed? Has anything changed in her world recently? Any new additions to the house?

Not sure when the breeding season starts there, but ours is just about to start here and all buns (fixed and not fixed) seem to know, and the non fixed ones also seem to go more crazy than fixed buns. Maybe she is just sensing what is going on?

False pregnancy? It happens to unspayed girls sometimes. If she starts pulling her fur out and/or making a nest (carrying stuff around in her mouth and piling it all somewhere), it definitely is.

IMO pet rabbits are better off spayed for both health and behavioral reasons.;)

We've had her since early August of last year. And I agree about the spaying. We have a bunny account to save up for both of our bunny's treatments. ;)

MousQwene wrote:
She is about 2 years old. She's not spayed yet and there's been nothing new.

That is part of the reason I bet!

However, my Bo and Tony will dig to tell us that they need to be down to go to their litterbox if we are holding them. They will also dig if they are mad or just when they think it's their job to dig into something! LOL!

She hasa GREAT name btw - ;)

Bo - aka Pennie

FLASHY - do you really notice a difference when it's spring/the season? I think I've noticed all of mine get a little more hyper or something.

It would make sense that it's hormones and/or a false pregnancy. This would be the beginning of the wild bunny breeding season in some places (maybe not in MI, though!).

A belated welcome to the forum! Sorry I didn't see your posts before now! I live in Lowell, so we are practically neighbors!

All the above replies make sense. Although I think it might be a little early for mating season around here, especially considering the winter we are having so far! She might be bored, or need more exercise or just trying to get your attention too!

Latest posts

Back