Going vegetarian

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second what Jan said. Develop a thick skin and a sense of humor.

Learn to "pass the bean dip". This is a conversational redirection method that goes something like this...

"So you don't eat meat?"

"Nope."

"Well, I've heard that vegetarians are unhealthy/I think animals were made to be eaten/etc."

"I choose not to eat meat. Would you like some bean dip?"

Basically, you'll need to find a way to tactfully change the subject.Engaging people rarely works, and it's only exhausting and upsettingfor you. When they see that you won't be baited into a debate, they'lllearn to leave you alone.

there are many people in my school who arevegetarians. I know one girl who is vegetarian, and she has been for awhile. She says its kind of hard at first cause meats all around you,and most fast food is meat, but once you get over that, its pretty easyto keep a vegetarian. i will think of good subject changers lol, thankyou

I loooove this t-shirt, almost bought it in my veg days:

280-EE-L.jpg

It's great that you have fellow vegetarians to share recipes and warstories ;) with. The support from other vegs is really wonderful.

my friend who is a Veggi (what we call her) wemake fun of her and we eat meat in front of her face.. a couple of daysago i ate a couple of pieces of Beef Jerky.. and then she goes "AMANDAI THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND" i just laughed at her! and so we make funof her!

i just find it werid that people become those.. because there isnothing they can do about.. they cant get them to stop killing theseanimals for food

LOL!As soon as a living organism dies,it begins to decompose, so 'dead and rotting' is accurate, it's just amatter of degree.

But you certainly can't argue 'taste', that's like saying 'I don'tunderstand why people like romantic comedies, they're reallybad!'. It's just opinion!

I could also say that "Pippis the cutest bunny in the wholeworld!" but Sebastian's Little Girl and probably 99.9% of the otherboard people oddly enough aren't going to agree with me. :D

Cinnabun wrote:
well whatever.. i still dont see why people become Vegans andVegetarians.. its not a good idea i think.. this comment is what got meto be really mad "(except without that dead and rotting fleshaftertaste)"

Pipp how do you know what that taste like?! have you act. gone and ate that?! i dont think so.

Meat is VERY good! esp. Turkey. and BBQ pork!

i eat BBQ with like EVERYTHING i eat.. i cant eat anything without that!

Cinnabun wrote:
my friend who is a Veggi (what we call her) we make fun of herand we eat meat in front of her face.. a couple of days ago i ate acouple of pieces of Beef Jerky.. and then she goes "AMANDA I THOUGHTYOU WERE MY FRIEND" i just laughed at her! and so we make fun of her!

Cinnabun, I'm going to gently suggest that maybe you should notcontinue to post in this thread. We're all trying to offer constructivefeedback, and what you've just described...

icon_cry.gif

I can't imagine how hurt your friend is. Please do not continue to beargumentative and disrespectful to others who have made the choice notto eat meat.

ur so nice cinnabun, lol j*p, im excited to startthe diet, lets see how long i can do it while my parents eat meat, WILLPOWER!! will power!!! thats what i neeed

I agree that you CAN get everything your bodyneeds if you eat a variety of things and things that are known to havecertain nutrients that meat has.

But for people like myself that are picky, going vegetarian is not anoption. I'd die from lack of nutrients if I stopped eatingmeatbecause I'm picky and I don't eat things that have thenutrients that meat does. And I'm not lying -- my brother-in-law'ssister stopped eating meat for a while and her doctor told her shewould die if she didn't start eating meat again and she has the sametastes I do.

It's not as easy as just starting to eat things, I simply don't likethe taste of certain food or the texture and that alone is enough tomake me sick.

In some cases it is necessary and it's a fact of life that people eatmeat. It's natural for people to want to eat meat and you can't faultthem for that.

m.e. wrote:
Cinnabun wrote:
my friend who is a Veggi (what we call her) we make fun of herand we eat meat in front of her face.. a couple of days ago i ate acouple of pieces of Beef Jerky.. and then she goes "AMANDA I THOUGHTYOU WERE MY FRIEND" i just laughed at her! and so we make fun of her!

Cinnabun, I'm going to gently suggest that maybe you should notcontinue to post in this thread. We're all trying to offer constructivefeedback, and what you've just described...

icon_cry.gif

I can't imagine how hurt your friend is. Please do not continue to beargumentative and disrespectful to others who have made the choice notto eat meat.

she knows we are just kidding! she kids around like that!

besides she aint hurt! if she was hurtshe would tell me.. i've knownher since 8th grade.. and shes the kind of person who would saysomthing! she just laughs when we do that!

its not very natural to me, i hate meat, i never have liked it, i barely ever eat meat, cause i just dont like the taste

Hey Babbit, I made spaghetti sauce the othernight with Yves Ground Round (don't know if they have it in yourarea),and it was great. Probably could have madeyour own sauce at the same time in your own pot using all the exactsame ingredients (I'm sure the cook would have donated some to yourcause), justwith theveggie ground round, and eatenwith your family.

(Then I made lasagna out of the leftover sauce with cottage cheese,mottza cheese, spinach, etc, and it was even better).:) <urp>

babbitlover wrote:
ur so nice cinnabun, lol j*p, im excited to start the diet, letssee how long i can do it while my parents eat meat, WILL POWER!! willpower!!! thats what i neeed

Best vegan cookbook I have ever read, andnot just vegan, but also whole foods, whole grain, no sugar, etc, veryhealthy stuff. The recipes are wonderful!

067187277X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

YAY FOR THE VEGANS AND VEGETARIANS!! ;)

That's all I'm gonna say lol, I go through arguments and discussionsabout this practically every day of my life...this's a rabbit forum soI'll just stick to bunny discussions...

thank you all for the help and i really like themake my own sauce with veggie beef instead of ground beef, i will tryit, i dont mean to be rude, but dont get on cinnabuns back for mockingher friend out, cinnabun wouldnt do anything to hurt her friendsfeelings, shes joking around, i joke around with my friends constantly,like when my Best friend got braces on, she couldnt chew anything, so iwould always eat right infront of her, to be like "ha, u cant eatthis". we always got a big laugh out of it, on both sides. Shes puttinga comment out there, and she doesnt deserve to be hounded. if herfriend didnt like it, cinnabun would stop, and if no one is hurt, thanthings are good, it wouldnt be the first time her friend probablywatched someone eat meat infront of them, meat is everywhere, familymembers eat it, resturants, all fast foods just about. you probably getused to it after a while. how could u say she cant post anymore on thisthread, that is kind of rude (no offense, im very calm, im not tryingto make people hate me). im sure youve said something on here thatpinched a nerve of someone on the thread. all can be forgiven, plus,cinnabun is very helpful. m.e plz dont get pissed at me, im justputting my opinion out there. i have nothing against you, actually yourreally helpful too, its just, it kinda rubbed me the wrong way to readkicking cinnabun outta the post

thankyou babbitlover.. i didnt mean to get anyoneupset with me.. but im the kind of person who likes to voice heropioin.. i'm also the kind of person who likes to be involded ineverything around me.. again im sorry.. im also just cranky today..just thinking of things around me made me cranky and upset.. and i justshould have stayed away from the forum today.. but i didnt.. and thatwas a mistake towards me.. so im sorry

you dont need to apologise,

"thankyou babbitlover.. i didnt mean to get anyone upset with me.. butim the kind of person who likes to voice her opioin.. i'm also the kindof person who likes to be involded in everything around me.. again imsorry.. im also just cranky today.. just thinking of things around memade me cranky and upset.. and i just should have stayed away from theforum today.. but i didnt.. and that was a mistake towards me.. so imsorry"

i as well likes to voice my opinion, and being involved with the thingsaround me, u r an awesome informative person, and no u shouldnt stayaway from the forum and think that u made a mistake, you had nointention on hurting anyones feelings, and im sure almost everyone onthis post has said something that upset other people, and it was rudeof people to attack you for it (no offense to anyone)

Back