Going to snow tonight!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raspberry82

Reaction score
We're supposed to get 2-7 inches of snow overnight tonight!! Very exciting!!! On Monday and Tuesday it is going to drop to 17-20 degrees for a couple of days. It almost never gets THAT cold here!!

:shock2:

:panic:

It's been 20 below 0 here lately and we've had snow since the 1st of October. Your temperatures sound balmy :p Not trying to sound smug, it's just interesting what you get used to! I lived in Washington for 8 years so I know where you're coming from :)

Today, it's supposed to be around 50° F!! THat's really warm for Indiana in December!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
It's been 20 below 0 here lately and we've had snow since the 1st of October. Your temperatures sound balmy :p Not trying to sound smug, it's just interesting what you get used to! I lived in Washington for 8 years so I know where you're coming from :)

Don't worry, you didn't sound smug at all. That's really impressive, I don't think I could handle -20!! My bf has been threatening to fulfill his dream of living in Anchorage some day, though.. eeeps! :D

Yeah, we're pretty spoiled with pretty moderate weather.. when it gets 20 or lower here people aren't used to it and think it is the coldest ever, hehe.

Wow Bo B Bunny! That is really warm for Dec. We were having 50-60 degree weather in Nov which was really weird!

It's in the 40's here today and raining. Bleh. I hate Winter rain, because it is just going to freeze when it goes below 10[sup]o [/sup]Fahrenheit tonight.

Here is my forecast for the beginning of the week:
Mon. High of 15[sup]o [/sup]F (Nightly low of 2[sup]o [/sup]F)
T
ue. High of 19[sup]o[/sup] F
(Nightly low of 15[sup]o [/sup]F)
Wed. High of 22[sup]o [/sup]F (Nightly low of 4[sup]o [/sup]F)

How much does that stink? Luckily, I only have to go out tomorrow and Thursday. I only have to go out for about an hour tomorrow, so it won't be too bad. I don't even have the heat on in my apartment (the heating pipes run under our hallway, so we get heat from everyone else) lol

I mean, it's not as cold here as it is in Alaska, but it still sucks lol

Our snow is melting :( Now everything looks like a nasty, muddy goop has covered it. There is still a good amount of snow, but there are nasty mud puddles everywhere :?

Its -27*C here right now(Windchill -36*C) :( Its supposed to stay below -20*C until after Xmas. I'm glad we have winter and snow but I'm not a fan of it being this cold. You freeze just walking to the car!

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
You guys haven't seen cold yet. I don't know Fahrenheit well but last night it was -31C with the Wind Chill of -43C. Right now it's -31C with the Wind Chill it feels like -44C. I think i'll stay inside today.
We get those temperatures in January and February. The lowest my boyfriend has seen in Fairbanks is 65 below 0, that's Fahrenheit. In Celsius, that's 53.8 degrees. Paul's been up here for 4 years. I regularly walk a mile to work in 20 below temperatures. I have a really thick winter coat that I don't get out until it's past 30 below.

Wow! I couldn't even imagine it being that cold. I always wondered what that would feel like, below zero and waaay below zero temps. I mean once it gets down right seriously bitter freezing cold, can you feel it if it gets even colder? Do you just go numb? Hehe.

I looks like a snow blizzard outside my bedroom window today! I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere, too. Our snow usually comes in early January or end of December, so almost never this early :p:biggrin2:.

Raspberry82 wrote:
Wow! I couldn't even imagine it being that cold. I always wondered what that would feel like, below zero and waaay below zero temps. I mean once it gets down right seriously bitter freezing cold, can you feel it if it gets even colder? Do you just go numb? Hehe.
A little below zero kind of feels like it burns, in a way. It's just so cold, the wind whips at your face and it can kind of sting. I have no idea how to describe it, but it sucks. I've had my eyelashes freeze together before!

Raspberry82 wrote:
We're supposed to get 2-7 inches of snow overnight tonight!! Very exciting!!! On Monday and Tuesday it is going to drop to 17-20 degrees for a couple of days. It almost never gets THAT cold here!!

:shock2:

:panic:

I hope it snows here again soon. We've got snow showers forecasted most of the week, but not much accumulation. We've had a couple of gorgeous snows already - then it got warm and melted:X. Hey, if it's going to be winter, it might as well SNOW!!

Sometimes people around here say "Oh, I like the snow, just until Christmas. Then I don't want anymore." PUH-LEEEASE! WE LIVE IN NORTHERN INDIANA, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Sometimes we have freakishly heavy snowstorms all the way through March!

Or, sometimes we will have a warmish day or two in February or early March, and they say, SO hopefully, "Oh, maybe we're having an EARLY spring this year!" YEAH, RIGHT!! - NOT!! I repeat myself: WE LIVE IN NORTHERN INDIANA, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Lol, wabbitmom! Awww. I feel the same way, if it is going to be winter and cold and nasty, it had might as well snow to make it more enjoyable! Even if it makes driving awful.

*does a snow dance for you!* Hehe. :D

it's about -5'c here now, it probably won't snow at all though throughout winter, maybe a bit of light snow or sleet. ireland is so small your surrounded by water everywhere which makes the winters mild-ish and the summers cool so we never get any really cold weather or really hot weather, i hate heat so that works ok for me but i wish it would get colder

Snow ahh I miss snow, I was waxing my board today preparing to put it away and was like I wanna be boarding lol, Ruapehu has a 5m base and is opening up for 2 weeks, IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER!!!! Its been like 18-20 degrees so like 64ish fahrenheit and I don't like it! Apparently it's horrible in Massechuets sp and places in New York and people have died?....

Upstate NY always gets tons and tons of snow each winter, but I haven't heard any bad news from there so far.. although I don't watch the news hardly ever so I guess I'm not the best informer, haha :biggrin2:.

Latest posts

Back