Going to a hay supplier - Tips?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
My buns and piggies don't seem to like the hay I've been feeding. It's got quite a bitof brown, is clearly first cut because it's mostly rough stems, and smells dusty. Just not all that appetizing to be honest. So I'm looking at a place today, a hay and feed supply store that is well known, and hopefully their's will be good. If it is I plan on buying a bale because I do have a place to store it... My bathtub! :DIt's too small to take comfortable baths in and the shower has never worked. So I plan on laying a sheet down and placing it in there. It's the perfect size and will stay dry but well ventilated. You may be thinking a bale is a lot for two bunnies, but I also have two piggies, so really it's like having 4 bunnies. If I buy a bale I also wont have to put any limit on the amount of hay I give them because it saves so much more money. Thankfully my fur-kids are not picky about their hay! I will be looking for it to have a higher leaf to steam ratio, soft, green,nice smelling and appetizing to look at. Does this sound like a good plan?

Resolved! The hay was of much better quality and 2nd cut so I bought a bale for 20 dollars and wrestled the 100 lb monster into the bathtub. It was a challenge, but worth it. Found out they also carry third cut, orchard grass, and 25 lbs of Oxbow hay for around $40.

:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back