gnats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
I'm just curious. I started havinggnats this past week, and could not figure out the problem.My mom was staying at my house today with my daughter and decided totry to determine the source. .....well, she found it. It wasa sack of potatoes i forgot about in the bottom of my pantry underneatha bunch of plastic bags from the grocery store. I can'tbelieve i did that. She cleaned it all up for me.But I just wanted to make sure about those nasty pests. Ihate gnats.

Those are probably a type of fruitfly if theywere in the bag of potatoes. They will not harm or bite therabbit, but may lay eggs in the litter that will hatch into smallmaggots.

Biting gnats are not attracted to fruit/veggies and *will* bite rabbits and humans.

Pam

The fruit flies are attracted by fruits/vegs leftout. Pest strips (The kind in a box, not the sticky, messyones)are a rather effective and safe way to eliminate bugs inthe rabbit area. We use an automatic sprayer.

Pam

Latest posts

Back