Gir is being nice!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Imagine that, Gir has been such a nice bunlately... but of course he is probably just plotting his revenge forgetting snipped...

Or he knows good behavior gets him time outside the cage.

Anyway... Shawn and I were trancing him... so here are the pictures!

Oh! I gave him and Guin play time together today... he humped her again, but no spraying.

Give him a couple of weeks and he should be a good boy hehe.

Quite a little fast healer he is!

What Adorable Pictures!!

I love them. :dude:

I always knew Gir had it in him to be nice. He can be a lil bossy, but he's just a mush at heart.

Those pictures are adorable, bunsforlife. So glad all is well.

-Carolyn

I always knew thiswas the realGir! http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSzeb00142US

Raspberry

k2g42

Too cute! I adore the lips curling back whentranced...just adds to his personality (on a positive note really..)Even though I havent commented too much lately on this board,I have had a chance to follow the threads a bit and Gir just seems tobe coming into his own :) congrats

Cher

Oh Raspberry, you made me laugh so hard I woke up Shawn!

He is such a cutey but Carolyn is right, he is definitely a bossybun. He sulks if something doesnt go his way. Istill love him, and Shawn loves him to (though he'd never admit it toanyone hehe)

I guess since he is so little, he needs to be twice as tough... butthen we have Guinevere who is so mellow that Gir doesnt NEED to be sodominant.

The funny thing is, since he got neutered he doesnt like the oxbowpapaya tablets anymore. He sniffs it then leavesit. Guin will then gobble it up. Because I am stilltrying to make him less angry at me for snipping him, I have beengiving him the Walmart ones which he still likes.

Ahh well, I think I am gunna let him out of his cage to snuggle withhim a couple and see how he acts towards Guin. Just hope theneuter will stop the spraying!

I'm with Guin, I'dbe happy if he'd just stop peeing on me if I were her too!:shock:

Every time I think of Gir, I think ofthat photo of him standing on his hind legs begging for a cheerio! Thatpicture made me fall out of my chair! He doesn't even look like arabbit! That is one that is saved to my "special" bunny file on mycomputer!

Raspberry

Well he is being a naughty bun today.He peed on Guin, and then got behind the cage again, which got his mumawfully angry. I had to crawl into the cage, and poke himwith a stick to get him out!

And Shawn is getting angry with Gir too. He said if Gir doesnt calm down soon I am going to have to give him away :X

So I've been talking with Gir to try to convince him to calm down!

Explain to Gir'sDaddy that his hormones are still battling inside ofhim...

Surely he remembers what that felt like! :shock:

Patience....

Raspberry

I am trying.

I think Gir is going to stay in his condo until his hormones settle, orat least while his Dad is home. Apparently after I went towork yesterday, Shawn let him out, and Gir bolted right up hiscardboard castle and dove behind the cage. It wouldnt be sucha big deal, but we have a wire down there that connects into thecomputer. And Gir has already bitten through one wire.

I am also trying to explain everything to Gir in hopes he understands and stops TRYING to get into trouble.

I got really upset yesterday with the thought of having to give thestinker up. Even though he is a pain, I still love him dearlyand so does Guin. Shawn is used to Guin, who is a very loveysweet bun. But he didnt know her when she was younger andhyper. I do hope Gir mellows out a little, or else it isntgoing to be a happy ending in Camelot :(

Before going to drastic measures, try to minimizethe damage he can do. If you let him of the cage, put him in veryrestricted area, it does not have to be big, just enough to run alittle. Add some toys he can destruct there and this way you'll avoidthe trouble.

We have tried that Anna... thing is... Gir issmall... and VERY active. Not to mention can jump really highand squeeze into very small spaces. I am trying to work out asolution and right now we have pillows shoved into the area he likes tosneak into which gets him into trouble.

The neutering should curb the worst of the spraying, but the gettingbehind the cage into the computer wire area is definitely not a goodthing. Guin couldnt fit in those spots so it never crossedour minds when we were building the cage. But now that wegots Gir, it is a constant struggle with that area!

Yeah I understand. I am lucky my bunny, althoughis very small, does not walk on the floor(its slippery). So he isrestricted to area covered with material.

Well Gir has had a good couple of days so my hunsmood is improving. He has calmed down since the neuter andhasnt lunged at anyone. He is getting more cuddeable too, sokeep your fingers crossed!

He's definitely getting better. He getsVERY limited time outside the cage at the moment, and the only time heis out of the cage he is with someone on the bed and that is the onlyspot he gets. But dont feel bad for him... he has a 6 foottall cage!

He was grunting and growling at Shawn earlier, but he was pestering thepoor baby. He knows now that if he is a good boy out of hiscage, he gets free cheerios without the indignity of begging forthem.

Guin on the other hand, is not happy about not being able to snugglewith her boyfriend. from 1am until 4am this morning she waspouncing Shawn and myself. I swear I should have named herTigger! Jump on the bed, Jump over Shawn, jump on my legs, upmy body to nibble my hair and kiss my face until I push her away, thenShawn gets the same treatment. Its cute... just not at 2am =p

Keep those fingers crossed for the Stinker! Hopefully this nice trend sticks around for a while!

Back