Getting out of the Rain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchbrothers

Reaction score
Our bunnies live in a large chicken coop (the chickies are gone). They have access to a large outdoor pen from there.
Question is if they have enough sense to go inside when it starts raining? So far I only let them out on dry days but I wold love to give them the freedom to make their own (wise) decisions of going i and out. But I want them to be safe from the rain.

I don't have out door rabbits, but wild rabbits know to go in when it rains so why wouldn't pet rabbits? Granted they may have lost some of the wild instinct, but that is a pretty basic thing. Could you leave the door open on a rainy day that you can watch them to see what they do?

Yes, I assume they would use common sense. Years and years ago we lost a bunny that had gotten wet in the rain so I am worried about that.
I watch them closely; I just wanted to hear forum member's experiences.

I had two rabbits that lived in a pen outside and had a house to go into when it rained. They would sometimes go into the house but I think they really didn't mind the rain. You just have to be careful it is cold out and raining because them getting wet when it is cold is not good.

I think getting a little wet on a nice day isn't bad they will just dry off.

Latest posts

Back