Getting comfortable?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CantDutchThis

Reaction score
Hello all, as you know I am a new rabbit owner (about three weeks ago I got my first rabbit, velveteen lop, 3 months old , male)

He has always slept IN his litter box, and never uses it, as its way cleaner than the rest of his cage.
The last day or two I've been taking his pee spots in his cage,and his poops and putting them IN his litter box to sort of show him thats where they go.

I just noticed tonight he's doing the 'bunny flop' in the opposite corner of his cage from his litter box. He seems content.

Should I move the litter box to that side? (if he is peeing there)I think he is also peeing in that corner too (but he's all flopped out so I can't really tell at the moment)

Or is this just showing that he is starting to get more relaxed and comfortable?

They will usually choose a corner. The best place to put the box is the corner they choose. Good luck with the potty training!

Sounds to me, now that you are putting his pee and poo IN the litterbox where he's been sleeping, he's now flopping somewhere else. Can you use two boxes in each corner to start? So that he has one that he can flop in and one that hopefully is in the corner he chooses to pee.?

K:)

Unfortuantly theres not enough room in the cage for 2, that would cut down on his hopping space quite a bit unfortunately (at least until I can get a bigger cage which, probably won't be any time in the near near future anyway)

I guess I'll just have to keep playing around and find a happy medium!

Back