Getting an x-pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolevins

Reaction score
So as some

of you may know about my hutch. It is 4x2ft and i was recommended to add on run or get a pen. I was looking in the argos book at some baby pens and they are quite expensive for something so small! (I have to buy it myself -im 13- but I am saving over Christmas).. I dont really liek the idea of ebay because I was looking on EBay last night and all the rabbit hutches and runs were from the UK. I could post an ad on the Irish Website www.gumtree.ie ? Saying something like "Wanted - X pen at low price Dublin (3) Area"

What would you recommend for me to do?
There is a hardware store around the corner from us but they dont sell pens, and I dont like the idea of using chicken wire for a pen because of the sharp edges.

I got mine from zooplus ,you get free shipping to Eire if over £39/euro ? have been very very happy with it came very fast!

for me in my location it was about 3 days they are very good, order must be despatched next working day or 2 if ordered say in the evening,they too were the cheapest and i searched everywhere with the free del couldnt be beaten

I paid £36.99/40.99 euros from zooplus and it`s about 4 times the size of the pen above,also is all metal so nothing for them to chew off.

They may mean better protect bottom and a lid to stop prey getting in?

Zooplus usually deliver within a week. It doesn't matter whether you order from the uk the Irish or the German site it's all delivered from the same place. Until recently the UK site worked out cheapest but I think they have adjusted the prices on the Irish site somewhat. I oersonally order from the German site as they have a bigger selection. Have a look. If you have problems with translating stuff you can always click over to an English speaking site and compare.
If you are looking for panels to build your own cage B&Q are doing anels for wire shelves that can be made into a pen or several storey cage. They are not cheap though.
Hope that helps.

No, was the zooplus ruby pen and i`m thinking of getting a second one!to make the pen huge esp for when we are away to protect the furniture

irishbunny wrote:
I don't know what is up with Zooplus, I won't ever be ordering from them again!
Cage still not there? It could be the transport company. The driver who delivers the stuff to us knows us by now and we always end up chatting about rabbits. His family has aquired a few since he started doing our round:biggrin2:

Sabine wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
I don't know what is up with Zooplus, I won't ever be ordering from them again!
Cage still not there? It could be the transport company. The driver who delivers the stuff to us knows us by now and we always end up chatting about rabbits. His family has aquired a few since he started doing our round:biggrin2:
Yeah, I dunno what the story is :?

They basically told me that they hadn't a clue where the cage was and they would send out a new one, which would be here in 3-4 days but nothing has arrived :( I wish it was better because they are so cheap to order from! It's been nearly two weeks now since I first ordered it!

Oh thats a shame. that you`ve not had a good service ,maybe just a blip in the fault of the delivery ? or did you say the 2nd one had taken ages to ,another reason they try to be so good is because of the feed back you can leave!

Latest posts

Back