Getting a new bunny!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized how bad it sounded to say, "I took Kiwi."

What happened was that the breeder brought him in, and told us petstore workers (all our bunnies came from him) that if one of us didn'ttake the "lame" rabbit, that he was going to kill it.

So I took Kiwi. And because the breeder's attitude toward his animals angered me so much, I quit the store in protest.

I don't want anyone thinking I stole the bunny. LOL

I can PM you Julie's phone and e-mail if youwant. Wait, it must be on her web site, duh. Call her and go visit.Hopefully it will restore your faith in rescue organizations!! I gotone of my buns from her, and, like I said, they've received tons oflove. I also was disillusioned somewhat when I tried to finda partner for my girl at the the WI HS (Milwaukee) and when I workedwith the first volunteer at HAWS (the one who didn't know anything),but when I worked with Julie and with Sara at WI HR, it restored myfaith. I'm really sad you lost out on Waffle, but I know you'll findthe right girl.

I'm sorry, I can find the email address but notthe phone number, either on her site or elsewhere. Maybe I'mjust missing it. Would you PM it to me, please?:) Thanks.

Ok, I just sent an email.

We do still have an appointment tomorrow at the Wisconsin HumaneSociety for a bunny date, so we'll have to see how that ones goes, too.

Oh my gosh, did you check the WHS siterecently...a bunch of little 9-week old babies just came on!!! Theyhave a really cool little exercise room for the buns, but when I did adate there they put us in an office with a desk/chairs/etc, and onlygave us a few minutes, it was weird. That made me a little frustratedso Ijust wanted to forewarn you if that happens because Idon't want you to get even more frustrated. But, I did get the littleguy in my avatar from there. However, the guy I worked with thentotally didn't know how to hold a bunny (legs dangling) and was soshocked that he was calm and comfortable when I held him but he alwaysfought when he tried. :) I'll get Julie's phone number athome tonight and send it to you. She's out in Waukesha, do you feellike that's too far? The bun named Snuggles at WI HRSwww.wisconsinhrs.org would besuch a cute match color-wise and size-wise with Chewie. Too bad he's aboy!

P.S. The way I'm describing it, it sounds like I have a hundred buns. I only have four! :)

I know, I JUST LOOKED and saw them before I got your reply!!

OMG, Wynken and Blynken are already being scouted out by Keith. So are Binky and Zoey.

So if I'm not taking up too much of your time, do you think thatgetting a nine-week old dwarf female would cause a problem withChewie? He's neutered, but I'm guessing she won't be spayedyet. And she IS only half a pound.

Sorry, I'm looking at Blynken. :)

Actually, I did email Julie saying that we thinkwe had found another bun, but that I'd love to make a donation to thework she does.

I'm just waiting on the call back from Keith, who's at the Humane Society.

I DO know what you mean. When we got Chewie, the adoptioncounselor took us in a room like you described, and she didn't seem toknow much about bunnies. He had no food except for the haythat was in his litter box. She said he wasn't littertrained, and the litter box was in the middle of the cage.

As soon as we got him home, I put the new litter box in the corner, andhe's been perfectly litter trained since day one, which makes me wonderabout them a little.

Hi everyone,~ Hi Naturestee, cmh9023and danali. :) Hello to all the wonderful bunnieswho are loved by their caring humans! I just lovevisiting RO ... howeverI spend lots of time with the rescuedbabes andrescue intakesso I don't get here as oftento peruse or post. Sharla and Charmaine (renamednow to Twinkle) are approx. 4 lbs.The silver girlsor agouti's are sweeties too.Wewould loveto have you over tovisit our foster home and meeteveryone. Twinkle is coming out for playtime inanother 2 minutes and I gotta scoot offline to get Sooz and others outof their large housing units. It's playtime maniahere in the family room! Two couples are visitingthis weekend for dates w/their single fuzzbops, and nextweekend another couple plan to stop by. I will helpin any way possible to see if Chewie would groom a girlyfriend and fallin love. Hoppin' offlinetoanswer a few emails that have come in... Hugs toyour soulmates and furkids. Julie/SRR

Julie!

Things are changing so fast that I can't keep up. LOL

Do you have any time available tonight for a bunny date (preferable),or tomorrow during the day? Could you PM me your phonenumber? Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back