Geometry Help Please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to find x, do you just do 4x = 5x -3?

That's right, Montana! You need fix it so that you get x on one side, and a number value on the other.

What helped me out at first that I inserted a zero, and because you need to eliminate the x value on the left side, you can only eliminate the number value on the right side.

0 + 4x = 5x - 3
+3 -4x = -4x + 3
-----------------------
3 = x

And if in doubt, plug it in! 4(3) = 12.
5(3) - 3 = 12.

We origially said that 4x = 5x - 3. 12 = 12, so we're right! And also in the picture, AK = AM!

AL is the exact length of AK, and AM. So I'd assume that the answer is 12 again. But I'm assuming.

<KAL - I'm totally guessing with this one.

Because AK, and AM are exact, and I mentioned that a line must equal 180 degres. I'm assuming that AK = 90 degrees, and AM = 90 degrees. And because I also assumed that AL is identical to AK and AM, I'm assuming that AL = 90 degrees.

So the angle of A is 90. If you look at the angle of A sideways, it does look like a 90 degree angle to me =P

And this triangle is clearly Isosceles, meaning it was two equal sides/two equal degrees, and one unequal side/degree as I'm sure you know. So 180 - 90 = 90. 90/2 = 45. The angle of K = 45, and the angle of L = 45.

A = 90, K = 45, and K = 45

I think to find DM, you need to use pythagorem (sp?)'s theorem which is a2 + b2 = c2. A rhombus has four equal sides, so I think I can cut the DL in half, making the DA a value of "5", and we know that AM is a value of "12".

12^2 + 5^2 = 144 + 25 = 169.

The square root of 169 = 13.

So DM = 13.

I knew it couldn't be right.. I'm completely guessing now.. I was horrible at Math in the senior years!

Latest posts

Back