Gender Fairy Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 of my rabbits have been mis-sexed lol

first was Flopsy who i was told was a girl off my vet when he was 9 weeks old, so i decided to keep him and his mum Crystal as a bonded pair trouble is one night Flopsy and Crystal were keeping me awake and when i looked in their cage Flopsy was chasing Crystal round the cage tring to mount her :shock:so i opened the cage picked Flopsy up and to my horror 2 big plums :shock:lol

IMG_0703.gif

and Binky was mis-sexed from a petshop was told he was a she and i ended up keeping him with another girl until he became ill and had to go to the vets and when the vet had binky on his back i saw what looked like man parts :shock:lol so when i got home i double checked and yep she was actually a he :p

IMG_0731.gif

When me and my sister first got rabbits (we rescued them from a friend who kept 8 huge bunnies cramped together in a tiny dog crate) we thought my boy, Magic was a girl so "his' name was Velvet Lullaby and our doe who we thought was a boy was Thumper. Then the names changed to Thumper and Freedom...and then when "thumper" showed signs of having babies...her name became Autumn and Magic's became magic...lol.

EiuGirl316 i think that may be neccessary. lol
gwhoosh, it has gotten worse than that, glad you like the pic

Loved reading these stories! And Pebbles' friend is too funny, I had to show the BF. As for my buns, the animal shelter reported Rory to be a boy. When we went to meet him, I checked, and he most definitely has bunny balls! So, no question there. When we got our first bunny, the pet store said she was a girl. We named her Cinnabun Easter. A few months later, ten year old me was snuggling the bunny and noticed she had BALLS! He was neutered about a month later. We kept his name because Cinnabun Easter really is pretty gender neutral! Now it seems absurd to think that Cinny was once a "girl". Have to admit that he was quite a dainty looking baby (see the pic in my avatar).

So, how accurately can breeders tell the genders of baby bunnies? When I get Rory his girlfriend, I might get a baby from a breeder and I want to make sure it's a girl... I've chosen Tabetha Nutmeg as the bunny's name, maybe that's a bad omen since the other Tabetha on here turned out to be a little dude!

I never saw this thread!

Max was originally thought to be a girl. I brought him home as a lady friend for Basil, and named him "Sage". Basil was not happy with his new companion, and rightly so!

Well, the next day I flipped "her" and saw boy bits so I changed the name to Max.

Bunnies401.jpg

i also have another mis-sexed bun lol Misty who was a girl for the first 5 months of his life lol didnt think to check him as i was convinced he was deffinatly a girl from his girly face and nature. found out when i was giving hima health check looked at his bum and :shock:there were two big erm plums staring at me lol

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Bracken wasa he untill we took her to the vet. After that I was really :?and when I was writing in her blog I kept swapping from he to she, everyone here was really confussd, took me ages to finally stick with the same gender lol

Let's see - Drew was Daisy..then Drew (the boy) and then eventually Drew (the girl)...

and Harriet was Harriet (the girl) - from one of my first litters...till she was he - but he already knew his name as Harriet..

and Harriet now:

Haha,my Pippi was supposed to be a girl,the lady from the pet shop obviously got it wrong,ahhhh...and he got two of my girls pregnant...i was so mad,because i didn't want any little babies..needless to say that i kept the babies...my heart is to big ;)

Sure..he looks like a boy now..but when he was young,he looked like a little girl

He looks sad in this picture,it was just taken when i brought him home from the hospital a few weeks ago

Picture449_opt.jpg

my poor boy's name is (Mr.) Evey after about a month of him being a little princess, haha. It was too hard to change his name so now he's called Mr. Evey!

Latest posts

Back