Geesh I'm asking alot of "is this safe?" questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maisy126

Reaction score
Okay, I hear dried outpinecones are safe for buns, but are their certain trees that have/bear pinecones that are bad? We have a blue spruce, and a...what looks like a green spruce, but I don't even think that is a tree (i.e. I have no clue what the tree is) but both have pinecones on them and I was wondering if I could give them to buns, they are small (like an inch, maybe an inch and a half)?

Thank you...again

maisy

I am so new to being a bunny keeper I am by far an expert, but I do buy pinecones from Petco and Baxter! loves them! As far as I can see (packging doesn't say they are treated at all) they are the same pinecones as I would find in my yard.. When Baxter! was found a month ago in Van Nuys, CA he was chewing away at my friends lawn which had a number of pine cones spread about it - so I think you may be safe and I know you can "google" poisinous food" for bunnies and perhaps you could see if either of these pine trees are listed.. Good old untreated wood Baxter! also likes - Home Depot could be your new pet store! good luck to you.

We're happy people ask questions and if we get the same question a million times we'll answer it or direct you to the answer or we'll find the answer if we can!

That's what we're here for! :hug: Don't ever worry about asking stuff.

Thanks guys (hazel, thanks for the link) I'll go see if it's listed anywhere, and Batty sends a big Thank-You!:);)

Latest posts

Back