Gauges.. anyone? :P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of mine were either 14 or 12; I only have two left which are daiths and they are 14. I would be careful when going below a 10 given they often heal slower and can be more involved healing/closing wise if you ever decide to take them out.

Pain wise, it is going to HURT for a while. Are you cleaning it with something light, like Satin or Provon antimicrobial soap and soaking in a sea salt/warm water mix?

Ms. Bun Bun, I have a Conch punch at 0 gauge. Worst pain of my life, slow healing, ect. Worth it though. One of them had to be scalped actually (ouch)

After some healing problems, I downsized to a 2g but now I re-streached (not gauged, streached) to a 0.

Here is what it looks like w/o jewlrey at a 2g
63504_1612340241961_1639937752_1420014_165111_n.jpg

Myia09 wrote:
Ms. Bun Bun, I have a Conch punch at 0 gauge. Worst pain of my life, slow healing, ect. Worth it though. One of them had to be scalped actually (ouch)

After some healing problems, I downsized to a 2g but now I re-streached (not gauged, streached) to a 0.

lol woah, thats actually the first time i've seen a large gauged piercing without an earring on :eek:

Myia09 wrote:

How long did that take to heal?!?!?! I had a 12g conch and it was pretty unpleasant. You are braver than I!! I can't imagine how much and long that hurt for in a 0g given it has so little blood flow to heal!!! Behind an industrial/orbital combo, it was the least fun piercing I had and was a lot worse than any of my tattoos...some of which are kinda big too.

I've had it for a year and a half and the left one is still healing. When they did the left first, I totally was going to back out of getting the right done I was in so much pain..but I knew it had to be done. I had an industrial/orbital years ago (6 years..gosh I feel old) and I had too much hypertonic scarring to leave it in.

The punch is by far the worst pain I have felt in a short time. I have lots of tattoos too; my feet are done, my calf (and entire 7 hour piece) ribs, hip, neck, ankle and wrist. My calf hurt the most.

Next year I am scheduled for my scarification piece. I'll let you know how painful that is ;)

What is an industrial/orbital?

I think the tatoos and piercings are much more mainstream now than in our parent's generation. There are still some career choices that do not mix well. I would be cautious as a HS aged person making choices that you can not undo if you change your mind later and want a career in something like finance. I'm in pharmaceuticals and anything too obvious would not go over well. It would seriously hamper getting a job even if it is a stupid bias.

My mother is heavily tattooed as well as most of my family members. My arms are not tattooed, so I just have to wear pants/coverd shoes. The tattoo on my wrist can be easily covered up. But everyone in our generation has some tattoo or another; it is no longer special. So I doubt in future years it will matter as much. As a caregiver (CNA which many people chose as a career) I can have visible piercings/tattoos as long as the client is comfortable.

Future wise none of my career options hidner me from having tattoos. that being said, I still won't heavily tattoo my forearms or chest until I know for certian.

Industrial to orbital is 4 hole piercing where a regular industrial (google it) can be attatched to a orbital piercing in whatever location they choose. It can get confusing because it can mean a lot of things. Mine was connected by a D-ring bar in my upper cartlidge..sorry I don't have a photo!

MiniLopHop wrote:
What is an industrial/orbital?

I think the tatoos and piercings are much more mainstream now than in our parent's generation. There are still some career choices that do not mix well. I would be cautious as a HS aged person making choices that you can not undo if you change your mind later and want a career in something like finance. I'm in pharmaceuticals and anything too obvious would not go over well. It would seriously hamper getting a job even if it is a stupid bias.

Sorry for the bad pic but it is all I can find and I took mine out 8 months ago.
s.jpg

It is an industrial (long one) that goes through a center cart piercing. It is four cart holes total.

I hear ya on the tattoos. They have gotten a lot more acceptable but mine are all back, chest, and upper arms. I work in an office with many people who are much older and far more socially conservative than me so I cover them. Thats why I took all the piercings out, except my daiths, which for some reason is accepted in the business community, maybe because they are so unique that they confused people.

Especially those at a HS age should get tattoos with Infinink, or whatever it is called. It can be fully removed with iirc 1 laser session.

Myia09 wrote:
Industrial to orbital is 4 hole piercing where a regular industrial (google it) can be attatched to a orbital piercing in whatever location they choose. It can get confusing because it can mean a lot of things. Mine was connected by a D-ring bar in my upper cartlidge..sorry I don't have a photo!

That is a much better explanation that I can give...I was sitting here pondering how to explain it in a manner that made sense. TY! :)

Wow! Love the dress! And I lol at the comment about wobbling ears.

I had a teacher in high school that had plugs. I think she gauge 2 or 0. They were jeweled.

Latest posts

Back