GARLIC!?!?!?! help PLEASE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just purchased a treat that seemed nice and very healthy, but when i opened it and read the ingriedients again i read that it has traces of garlic in it. Im wondering if my rabbit can still eat it or if she cant have it, please help! :?

Thnkyou!

PS all of the other ingredients are safe for rabbits :)

I only know that too much garlic in dogs, cats, skunks, ferrets can cause problems. I am unsure about rabbits but would imagine a small amount would be find. I would contact a vet to make sure though, just in case.

I'm pretty sure garlic is ok for rabbits...saw it as a treatment or preventative in another post...the trick is getting the rabbit to eat it (but in trace amounts, they probably won't notice)

Trace amounts probably won't hurt, but I've read garlic is not safe for rabbits (along with onions). What sort of treat is it? Fresh or dried fruits in small quantities are much healthier treats than anything store bought.

Hope that helps!

Rue

I caught one of my rabbits nibbling a caramalised piece of garlic that dropped off someones plate once, but i saw it quick enough to take it off him before he was able to get more than a little nibble but he was ok. Not sure if that is because he barely got a taste or if its because it was cooked. But after reading this i am too scared to let them get near even the skins. But when you suffer from anxiety, everything makes you panic and worried so im just overly cautious. >.<

Latest posts

Back