Games to play with rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amundb

Reaction score
Does anyone play games with their rabbits? I'm looking for more ways of interacting with the buns besides sitting next to them petting them. We have a ring that we roll to them and they'll sometimes pick it up and toss it back, but that's about it.

So, what are some games that you play? :pinkbouce:

Smokey and I play tag.

I have an "L" shaped sectional sofa with a square coffee table.

I will tap on the side of the table and Smokey will come running by around and through the table and I try to tap him on the butt as he passes. He will stop and look at me - try to psyche me out - and do it again.

I don't know what you want to call the game, but I kinda tickle the back of Pip's heels and he'll jump up and binky and run behind the bed or cage or whatever hiding spot he chooses and peek out at me. I crouch way down and tell him I can see him and he'll dash out at me and binky and wait for me to tickle him again. We do that until he wears himself out and flops over lol. Sometimes he's more ticklish than others but that seems to be his favorite game. That and he plays "Indy 500" around the walls of my room and uses my bed as a trampoline.

We also play hide and seek, but I can only do that with a really bonded bunny who will seek me out.

Me and my brother also will sit apart and roll a beach ball to each other and the bunslove chasing it and following it, and making it move themselves. Many a bunny has played 'nose' ball with it, and LOVED it.

Haiku & I play "Ready, set, GO!" Here's how:

1. I cut some apple into small cubes.

2. Haiku is very excited since she knows a yummy treat awaits.

3. We stand at one end of the living room

4. I say "Ready...set...GO, HAIKU!" and run across the room.

5. Haiku runs after me at top speed and gets yummy apple treat upon arrival at other side of room.

6. Repeat until you run out of apple cubes. :)

(Please note: be extra careful not to trip over your bunny as you play this game - watch where bunny is at all times!)

My bun enjoys playing hide and seek, also a follow-the-leader game where she'll hop/run about 5-6 feet, then sit waiting for me to walk up to her. When i do, she takes off again for another 5-6 feet, and.... repeat until she and I are both tired of it. ;)

She also enjoys it when I put a towel or old sheet on my lap for her to dig in, and will hop up on my back and walk around. A few nights ago she fell asleep with me lying face-down on the floor.

She'll also hop and binky if I touch one of her feet gently (but this only works when she's already in the mood to play).

I think the more time you spend on the floor with your bun(s), the more you'll be able to figure out how they like to play and interact with you.

But I should add that one of Nibbles' favorite games is "Drive my human crazy." ;) I think she feels very happy and fulfilled when she's succeeded in turning "bad" behavior into a game. More often than not, I find myself not being able to be upset for more than a minute, because she's so funny, cute - and, in general, non-destructive.

ec wrote:
But I should add that one of Nibbles' favorite games is "Drive my huamn crazy." ;) I think she feels very happy and fulfilled when she's succeeded in turning "bad" behavior into a game. More often than not, I find myself not being able to be upset for more than a minute, because she's so funny, cute - and, in general non-destructive.

That's definitely a favorite of these two..."stop that, don't do that!" We need to use some reverse psychology...anything they can't do, they want to do even more.

Mimi and I play a game called 'catch you'.

I get the cue from her if she is in the mood, she will nudge me and then attempt to do something she is not allowed (eg get nearmy laptopcables) Then I will attempt to catch her at the same time telling her that I'm going to catch her. She then binkies away and I will give chase. She will resist, growling at mewhen she is cornered but binkying away when given a chance. After a short chase, she will lie down and let me put my hands around her shoulders and allow me to 'catch' her. She then nudges me to stroke her head and rewards me with bunny kisses .:bunnyheart

I give my Buns a plastic cup. They have great fun in throwing it up into the air. Sometimes I put a bit of cabbage in the bottom and they spend ages trying to get it out. I give Stanley a sponge football, if I kick it to him he passes it back with his nose. I think that is his favorite game.

Latest posts

Back